TPG Community

Get online support

No-IP dns only works on local network, does not work outside

SOLVED Go to solution
vnaysharma
Level 2

Hi,

I successfully configured no-ip dns on the HG659 NBN router.

http://xxxxxx.ddns.org

but the domain only works when i am connected to my home network. It does not work from outside.

When i am connected to my home network, it successfully resolves to the router login page, but fails to load anything when im on 4g or any other nerwork.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @vnaysharma,

Do you want to access a server on your network using your hostname or just the modem webpage?

-If you want to access a server, you will need to configure port forwarding on the modem.

-If you want to access the modem webpage, you need to configure a new ACL rule to allow HTTP WAN access

· Go to Internet -> Network Security -> ACL. Click “New ACL”

· Configure HTTP WAN service as per below screenshot

huwae.png

·        Once configured, it should look like below

huawei2.png

Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tonystork
Level 5

@vnaysharma wrote:

Hi,

I successfully configured no-ip dns on the HG659 NBN router.

http://xxxxxx.ddns.org

but the domain only works when i am connected to my home network. It does not work from outside.

When i am connected to my home network, it successfully resolves to the router login page, but fails to load anything when im on 4g or any other nerwork.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yo, Not sure if this will help, as I'm not expert with NO-IP DNS Settings. But IMO, the domain only works with your home network since it's your HG659 is configured for NO-IP DNS which might mean all devices 'NOT' connected to your home network won't be able to access your created domain. Such as Smart phone connected via 4G connection (because' its using a different network)

BasilDV

Hi @vnaysharma,

In order to use this function, you need to have an active no-IP account. 

Please send us a message with your no-IP hostname and TPG username and WAN IP so we can troubleshoot further.

vnaysharma
Level 2

Hi BasilDV, 
I have sent you a personal message with all of the details you aked for. And my no-ip account is still valid. 

BasilDV

Thank you @vnaysharma. We'll keep you posted for any updates. Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @vnaysharma,

Do you want to access a server on your network using your hostname or just the modem webpage?

-If you want to access a server, you will need to configure port forwarding on the modem.

-If you want to access the modem webpage, you need to configure a new ACL rule to allow HTTP WAN access

· Go to Internet -> Network Security -> ACL. Click “New ACL”

· Configure HTTP WAN service as per below screenshot

huwae.png

·        Once configured, it should look like below

huawei2.png

Cheers!

vnaysharma
Level 2

Awesome!

Thank you so much for your help. It worked!

happy17
Level 2

17-11-2017 11-33-06 AM.jpgI set up my ACL similarly, but I cannot access the modem admin page. Any ideas on what I may be doing incorrectly?

freibriz
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

I am having difficulties with accessing my Huawei HG659 NBN router remotely. This is also important for me to access to my CCTV recorder/cameras. I read the solution you provided to @vnaysharma and tried to implement the suggested solution. Unfortunately I was not successful. I also talked to your service centre today (talked to Nike, job reference no: 48904637) and referred to your post but he was unable to provide a solution for me. 

As per your instructions I created a new ACL (HTTP/WAN) but didn't enter any IP addresses for this ACL. Do I need to enter any IP addresses (Start and End)? I also want to find out which IP address do I need to use to access the router website remotely (example format: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). TPG have provided me a WAN IP address which I used during my ADSL+ time but I don't think it is going to work for NBN.

Currently I have a work around solution. I am using IPv4 address to access to access my NBN router home webpage as well as CCTV recorder. Unfortunately the IPv4 address is dynamic and changes randomly.

Thanks for your help in advance.