Phone Porting

roofrackandbox
Level 2

We have just changed our business over to TPG Business NBN and we need our phone for customers to contact us. Currently the phones are diverted via our Account Dashboard to one of the employees mobile phone. It's been 7 days, when we were told 5 and our phones still aren't woking, even though they are plugged in to the phone jack on the modem.

I tried calling support on the 1300 number, and after being transfered 2 or 3 times and being on the phone for nearly an hour, on the final transfer, I get a recorded message telling me that all your operators are busy and to ring back later... You do know I would have been happy to wait in the queue right?😡

Please help.

David

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @roofrackandbox ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issue with the service. We'd love to help see the status of the home phone service and get to the bottom of this, we tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it does not show any matching records, PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID).

In case you need a reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Cheers!

roofrackandbox
Level 2

Hi Shane I PM'd my details.

David

Ahra_G

Thanks for passing on your details, @roofrackandbox

Upon checking, the porting has already been completed. 

Your current phone bundle inclusions are free local and national calls hence the charges for the call diversion for the mobile. 

I'll have the diversion removed now then please do a test call if it works on your end. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

roofrackandbox
Level 2

Thanks Ahra. There is still no dial tone, and when you ring the number, you get the ringing tone through your phone, but there is no ringing at the shop phone(s). Our telephone that we use in the shop is a 12250 Twin Digital Handset, originally supplied by Telstra. According to all the info I can find, these should work just fine when plugged into the NBN modem.

David. 

Ahra_G

I understand, @roofrackandbox

The handset you mentioned should definitely work. Please ensure though that the base phone is connected to the phone port-1 on the modem. 

You may refer to these Community links for reference:

Should the homephone still not work after following the guidelines, let me know of your best call back so I can organise contact to be made.

-Ahra_G

roofrackandbox
Level 2

OK, first problem is now fixed. I had the phone line in the wrong port ðŸ¤¬
But now we have the issue that when we answer the phone call, we cannot hear the caller... 😥

I am PM my phone number... 

David