Problem with NBN50

Nguyen1
Level 3

Hi,

I am currently on the NBN50. But due to the copper in the line, the maximum speed i can get is around 34 Mbps. However, after constantly checking the speed connection throughout the day in several days, the maximum speed i can get is around 21 Mbps even when i only connect 1 device into the network.

Do i have to do something with the router? or any ideas to fix it.

Thank you

19 REPLIES 19
BasilDV

Hi @Nguyen1

We've checked the account and it shows that the modem/router is currently getting a 24.15 Mbps Downstream.

What troubleshooting have you tried so far? Is the modem/router connected to the wall socket directly?

How may wall socket do you have in the premises?

BasilDV

Nguyen1
Level 3
Hi,
I dont know what to do with the router.
The router is plugged directly into the wall socket.
There are several socket around the house as in the image attached
BasilDV

Alright. Could you try to connect the modem/router to another wall socket?

Once done, let us know for us to run a test if what speed you are getting if it works.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

Hi @Nguyen1 . Your picture doesn't show much. Can you take another one, stand a bit further away.

You say there are several sockets. The other ones must not be used for anything. Do not use an ADSL filter.

Two weeks ago, you asked about a granny flat. Is this speed problem to do with granny flat?

Nguyen1
Level 3
Hi,
There are several sockets like that around the house but we dont use any of those, except the one for the router.
You mentioned that the downstream is 24, which is way lower than what i am paying for. You guys said it should be around 34. Can you fix it?
The speed problem affects the entire house, not only the granny flat.
Thank you
BasilDV

Hi @Nguyen1

We need to check if the other wall socket will work and if you'll get a good connection speed with them.

This will help us understand if the issue is with the first socket or with the line itself.

Then we can conclude on what solution is the best to resolve the issue.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

@Nguyen1 . So, devices in house and granny flat are getting low speed?

How is the granny flat connected?  Did you get a home wireless setup or is the flat connected fo the house?

Nguyen1
Level 3
Hi,
I try the other sockets and it seems to work. But after a while, it keeps getting disconnected. So i think the docket i am using right now is the best one. The others look quite old.
Nguyen1
Level 3
Hi,
I logged in my router i check that the downstream is just 24. But the plan i am on right now is NBN50. You guys mentioned that because of the cooper in the line, i only get around 34, which is still higher than what i have right now.
Thank you