TPG Community

Get online support

Sending error message ox800CCCof

SOLVED Go to solution
dandsmcconnell
Level 2

Have just set up my TPG email account on Outlook 2019. I seem to be receiving messages ok but the outgoing messages do not work - I keep getting an error message saying “connection to the server was interrupted. If problem continues, contact your server admin or ISP”. I have used the Pop account settings I.e. mail.tpg.com.au for both the incoming and outgoing mail (ports 110 and 25 but no matter what I try, I keep getting the same error message. Can anyone help resolve the issue for me - in simple and easy to follow terms.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @dandsmcconnell

This is a known issue for Outlook email. 

You may try the steps on the following article:

Let us know how it goes. 

-Ahra_G

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dandsmcconnell
Level 2

Just an update on my problem.  still receiving messages ok but the outgoing emails stay in the outbox for up to 2 hours and then all of sudden get sent?????

Has anyone here had this problem and, if so, how did you fix it??? 

BasilDV

Hi @dandsmcconnell 

Thanks for raising this with us.

A number of issues may cause this error message.

• Your internet connection has dropped
  • A third party firewall is blocking it
  • Windows firewall is blocking it

You may check this article from Windows report on how to resolve this issue. 

BasilDV

dandsmcconnell
Level 2

Hi BasilDV

Thanks for your suggestions but the internet has not dropped out nor do the firewalls appear to be the problem.  I have been receiving emails since setting up Outlook 2019 and have now been testing the outgoing emails off and on for 3 days - the common practice seems to be that the emails sit in the outbox for up to 2 hours and then magically they are sent.  

I went back into the settings menu just now through the repair option and am now getting a message "Could not connect to the outgoing SMTP server. Please check settings and try again"  The outgoing settings appear to be correct i.e.mail.tpg.com.au - port 25 and the box "my outgoing SMTP server requires authentication - use same settings as my incoing mail server" is ticked - incoming mail server is mail.tpg.com.au - port 110.

Would really appreciate help to resolve this issue quickly. 

Thanks  

Ahra_G

Hi @dandsmcconnell

This is a known issue for Outlook email. 

You may try the steps on the following article:

Let us know how it goes. 

-Ahra_G

dandsmcconnell
Level 2

Thank you Ahra_G.  Problem fixed.  Cheers

Riezl

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved, dandsmcconnell. Feel free to message us should you require further assistance. Cheers!