Slow internet

SOLVED Go to solution
parkley
Level 3

Hello,

I've been with TPG since 2011 and been using internet without major issue.

However, since last winter (July 2017) internet speed got very slow.

I normally speed test through speedtest.net, (I've got test history),

The speed used to be around 10 Mbps before July 2017.

But since then, it's only 1 - 2 Mbps.

Here's a test result I've just done through your site:

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/2bbca0b0-19b4-11e8-bdb1-e320fe59597f

I was expecting it gets better soon, but it doesn't look like it.

I have done many tries to figure this out myself.

* disconnected and connected phone line

* replaced noise filter

* replaced phone cable

* replaced modem

* disconnected everything and connected only laptop to the modem for speed test

None of them was working, speed is always same, 1 Mbps

Here's my plan detail and hope someone help to get throught this.

Plan: ADSL2+ Unlimited 24x7 with Home Phone 20110711

Account #: 4165846

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
parkley
Level 3

Quick update on this.

I've got call from TPG who said, Telstra has done their work, but speed is stilil the same.

TPG made another appointment on Thursday afternoon for a technician to come and investigate/fix

Thanks

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
orbistat
Level 8

Hi,

A mod will be able to organise a line test from their end but in the meantime what sort of dsl line stats is your modem displaying, things like connected line rate and attainable line rate and noise figures will tell you heaps about what's going on. If you can, please post a screen shot of the dsl figures. Make sure the modem is the only device connected and try another test then, have you noticed excessive noise or static on whilst using the phone?

parkley
Level 3

Hello,

Here's a screenshot of stats.

Also, I have disconnected phone while ago, the modem is the only one connected.

Thanks

orbistat
Level 8

Thanks for the stats page, there's a definite fault or just a very noisy line, your line attenuation is way to high to sync at ADSL 2 speeds, it's just over what a 1.5 Mb/s adsl would sync at so the speed test is bang on, that's a slow ping as well, could be something as simple a a faulty Scotchlok connector in a pit between you and the DSLAM or Exchange, either way the ball would be in the line providers court assuming all the steps you've already tried.

parkley
Level 3

Thanks for the update, the fact is that it used to be fast enough before.

Are you going to organize something to figure it out?

Thanks

orbistat
Level 8

One of the helpful TPG moderators will be across this soon I would reckon, I'm just a community forum member with a telecomms background. Good luck

@parkleywrote:

Thanks for the update, the fact is that it used to be fast enough before.

Are you going to organize something to figure it out?

Thanks

luke
Level 3
TPG will waste your time,find a new provider you are wasting your money with TPG
marantz
Level 3

@luke you need to chill

going on to reply on every post where people have slow speed issues, not providing any advise other than how you've had a bad experience with TPG isn't helpful. 

get off your keyboard and go speak to a friend. whisky helps as well Smiley LOL

luke
Level 3
Now now ,if TPG do not want to be made accountable and people like you (who most likely)are from TPG saying things like that we'll who is not being helpful.If I knew the ,answers to their chronic drop outs and slow speeds then I'd tell everyone here ,but Mr Marantz also has no answers so returns with the answer though to it all..have a whiskey!!,nothing sensible to say except reset modem. ..Der. ..
BasilDV

Good day @parkley,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I was able to run some remote test and seen a possible line fault which possibly caused the issue. However, we need to make sure if it's an external or internal line fault.

I will arrange a call from our Tech team to help us with some more test to confirm the fault. We need you to be on the premises to perform the tests. Are you at home around 6PM tonight?

Kind regards,