TPG Community

Get online support

Slow upload/download speeds since 23/1/19

alandchris
Level 2

We,ve been experiencing slow ADSL2+ download/upload speeds since 23/1/19 am. Have cycled the modem several times and rebooted the pc with no improvement. Latency ping 48ms and up to 343ms. Asus DSL AC-68U modem - wired connection. Nothing changed or updated on my end that could cause the problem. Download .9 to 1 MBPS, cant get an upload speed because of latency error. Was getting 14ms latency, 7.8MBPS download, .7mbps upload the night before. Tried and can't do a speedtest on wireless as it just comes up with "latency error".

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @alandchris,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that you've already contacted our Tech team.

The case was escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation as there's a fault on the copper network. They'll be in touch once an update is available.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

alandchris
Level 2

Hi BasilDV. I have just had a call from a TPG representative. Apparently there is an issue with my copper line. They said they can fix it, but only if I sign up for a 6 month contract, AND it will take 15 to 20 working days. Sounds like extortion/blackmail to me. Think I'll be reporting it to the TIO and Fair Trading and finding a new provider. I can have a new (working) connection within a week.

BasilDV

Hi @alandchris,

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

It is not our intention to make you feel that way as we always aim to provide a reasonable resolution for our customers' cases.

We will raise this with our Complaints resolution team for further assessment of your case and a designated case manager will be assigned and contact you via E-mail or phone call.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

alandchris
Level 2

@BasilDV, we cant be waiting 20 days with a service this poor. We are paying for something that we're not getting. To even suggest that TPG would not resolve the issue unless we signed a 6 month contract is unacceptable and we will not do business with a company that would condone such a reprehensible act. We have signed up with another provider for a new connection and wish to cancel our account. I see in the FAQ's that cancellation must be in writing, but no information on where to send the whitten request, so please accept this as formal notification to cancel our service effective immediately.

BasilDV

Hi @alandchris,

We regret to hear that you've decided to cancel your TPG service.

Our Engineering team has confirmed that the issue is within the current copper line that we are using to provide you the service. The only resolution that may resolve the issue is to transfer you to a spare copper line which will take 15 to 20 working days as it is like a new installation.

We will notify your assigned Engineer with your decision and will have them to contact you and process your request.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @alandchris,

I understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and the cancellation of the account has been requested to our Accounts team.

We wish you all the best with your new provider and hope that you will consider TPG again in the future we would welcome the opportunity to turn your experience around.

Kind regards,

BasilDV