TPG Community

Get online support

Slowness and Recent Dropouts

internat
Level 2

Hi TPG team,

Today ive had significant drop outs of my nbn connection, as well as extremely slow upload speeds when it does connect.

Below is a screenshot of a regularly speedtest, you can see the yellow line (upload) has dropped down to 6Mb/s - It normally sits at 34-37Mbs

You can see on the yearly view that it has gotten significantly worse since 1/1.

Ive also attached the drop outs for the day showing that the connection has restarted a significant number of times today (2020-01-19).

Can you please arrange for someone to review the connection details - My account name is XXXXX.

8 REPLIES 8
Riezl

Hi @internat,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have escalated your concern to our Engineering Team for further investigation and a case engineer will contact you within the day to discuss the progression of the case.

If there's a need for us to send a technician, you will be advised via SMS or phone call.

Let us know via PM should you have a preferred contact number and time.

We apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

Riezl

Hi @internat, we have checked the status of your connection and it shows stable for more than 15 hours now.

Our Engineering Team is still monitoring this and the case engineer will contact you for any additional update.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

internat
Level 2

Hi,

Please pass onto your engineering team that the connection has dropped to slow againt his evening. Down from 36 to 6.

It was stable on 36-38 all night, and then from approximately 8am it started a download trend.

The download speed continues to be great, but the upload continues to drop.

You can see the speed trending downwards on the attached speedtest that runs every 30 minutes.

Ahra_G

Thank you for informing us, @internat

Will surely pass this along to our Engineering team. 

internat
Level 2

Hi Team, 

The support team tried to close my ticket today (101-672-25) claiming the service quality has now improved to standard. I advised not to close it as it is still significantly unstable.

As per the attached speed tests, you can see that while the download speed has remained constant at 90Mbs, the upload speed is constantly fluxating, at some places as low as 6Mbs. 

As per previous attachments, the upload speed used to stay consistantly at 38Mbs.

Can you please pass this data on to your engineering team, and request an update.'

Thanks!

BasilDV

Hi @internat,

Thank you for the update.

The speed test result was performed via Wired or Wireless?

We'll advise our Engineers and have someone to call you for further discussion of the case.

BasilDV

internat
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

The speedtest runs every 30 minutes, and is from a device that is wired in.

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @internat,

We've already forwarded the message to our Engineering team.

You assigned Engineer will be in touch once an update becomes available.

BasilDV