TPG Community

Get online support

Some sites won’t load

Shane

We're glad to know that the issue has been sorted out. Please create a new thread in the event you require assistance in the future. Have a lovely weekend.

byron
Level 2

same problem; windows troubleshooter said DNS problem.  changed DNS to 8.8.8.8 (i.e. google).  

BasilDV

Hi @byron

Were you able to resolve the issue after changing the DNS?

If not, kindly send me a PM with your account details.

BasilDV

Janette9
Level 2
Whatever the tech guys do to help will fix it for a few days then the same issue will continue - today is the third time I’ve had to call them for the exact same thing in two weeks 🙄
BasilDV

Hi @Janette9

Are you still not able to browse any website or was it resolved?

BasilDV

Janette9
Level 2
It’s a recurring issue that no one from TPG has been able to explain why it happens. The first time it was resolved for approximately 36 hours, the second time for 6 days. It was resolved again last night - we’ll see how long this “fix” lasts
david64
Level 15

@Janette9 . While you have access to these web sites, can you login to router and note down the router's WAN ip address.

When you have the problem next time, compare the router's current ip address with the noted address.

If they are the same, I can't explain it.

If they are different, there has been a reconnection you haven't noticed and the new ip address is being rejected by these web sites, strange as that may seem. Try rebooting the router to get a new ip address to see if that helps.

When the browser screen goes blank, do you give it 2 to 3 minutes to see if there is an error message?

Janette9
Level 2
I’ve logged into the router each time and taken screenshots - everything is always the same.

With websites, I’ve given over 5 minutes for anything to load - always blank. My TV has been more helpful and the apps that don’t work tell me I don’t have an internet connection.

First TPG guy told me it was my modem and as is was “probably not compatible with TPG”. He didn’t have much to say when I told him it was the one TPG sent me.

Second guy - the most helpful of the three - ran various tests and thought he’d fixed it for good. Unfortunately not the case.

Third guy was very unhelpful and simply told me to buy a new router (from TPG).

Might be easier/cheaper just getting a different internet provider, as they provide routers as part of the package 🤷‍♀️
Aubrey

Hi @Janette9, send in your details via private message so we can look into your options in getting the modem replaced.

Thanks,

Aubrey