TPG Community

Get online support

Unauthorised site blocking? - dominos.co.uk

Team_Blue
Level 2

@Will wrote:

Our records show that you even confirmed that you were not able to access the same website using your Mobile data/4G network. We suggest that you contact the website admin to check it further.

If Dominos UK went down for a period of time it would make the news.

Think about it!

Regards,

Team Blue

BasilDV

Hi @Team_Blue,

Based on the conversation with our Engineers, they've advised you to check the website using your Mobile 4G/LTE data and the same issue occurs. This means that there's no issues within our network, but with the website of dominos.uk.

It may be intermittent on their end, which you may raise with their support team to investigate their website.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

Team_Blue
Level 2

@BasilDV wrote:

Based on the conversation with our Engineers, they've advised you to check the website using your Mobile 4G/LTE data and the same issue occurs. This means that there's no issues within our network, but with the website of dominos.uk.

Wrong, the dominos website is accessible using TOR network.

Your network engineers are average at best. All they have to do is call dominos UK and ask if the site is up.

We as customers are paying for a working service.

Time to get off your butts and figure out what is going on your network!

It may be intermittent on their end, which you may raise with their support team to investigate their website.  

Its your job to investigate why I can only access the dominos website using the TOR network.

I pay TPG for a working service. Something you are unable to provide.

Regards,

Team Blue

Joseph_D

@Team_Blue  I understand your frustration on this. When was the last time you were able to access this website using your TPG connection?

Aside from this particular website, are there any other websites in which you are having issues accessing?

We tested this particular site on 4 other non TPG network, 2 of them local and the others 2 foreign, all with the same result.

Optus

Optus.PNG

Non Australian Connection

Sun.PNG

We have researched further and we have found similar reports in the United States and other countries who cannot access www.dominos.co.uk.

An explanation that we have found online posted last year 2018 states that UK based websites refuse connection request from non UK IP address.

We are sorry if we are not able to assist further.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

Team_Blue
Level 2

@Joseph_D wrote:

@Team_Blue  I understand your frustration on this. When was the last time you were able to access this website using your TPG connection?

About a couple of weeks ago.

An explanation that we have found online posted last year 2018 states that UK based websites refuse connection request from non UK IP address.

Dominos does not block access by region. This is absolute ninsense!!!!!

Easily confirmed with a call to dominos themselves. Smiley Wink

We are sorry if we are not able to assist further.

Time to employ some real network engineers that know what they are doing?

Regards,

Team Blue

blackhat88
Level 4

What makes you think TPG is the one blocking the site? For what reason are you accessing dominos.co.uk from Australia? It is reasonable enough for Dominos UK to block region outside UK to prevent fake orders. They may have not blocked it couple of weeks ago but if they do now, it is completely reasonable.

You can always use VPN to get UK IP and access it. There are always ways to get around it if you are smart enough. I don't feel TPG need to help you get around it when other ISPs are even blocked from that site.

Hurenkamp
Level 3

Switch to using Googles DNS servers as TPG blocks heaps of websites.