TPG Community

Get online support

VPN IP Phone - One Way Audio on TPG NBN

Glenn1
Level 2

Hi,

Was anyone able to come up with a solution for this?

I am experiencing the same problem as Louie.  The phone connects correctly and I can make and receive calls however I am unable to hear the other person but they can hear me.

I have tried two different routers connected to my FTTP TPG connection, including the one supplied by TPG. I have tried Port forwarding & a DMZ, but still getting one way audio.

I have taken the phone to other sites (non-TPG NBN) and the problem does not occur.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Glenn

Ahra_G

Hi @Glenn1,

If the issue is particular with the home phone, this article may help:

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Ahra_G

stormi13
Level 2

Hi Glenn,

Just wondering if you received a fix for this? I have the exact same problem and can't work it out.

Thanks,

Stormi

Riezl

Hi @stormi13, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Dorans11
Level 2

Hi,

Was anyone able to find a solution to this one way audio phone issue? I have the exact same issue and so does a collegue of mine who is also throught TPG. We use a checkpoint VPN to connect to our work network when working from home and a phone system called cisco jabber to answer work calls. Whenever we work from home, our phone call audio is one way only. The other person can hear us but we cannot hear them. I logged tickets over the phone with tpg but no one could help me in the support team. I just saw this thread and it seems like several people have had the same issue. If i work from any other location using a different internet provider - the audio on the phone works perfectly so it is definitely related to tpg. Was anyone able to get a solution? Thanks. 

stormi13
Level 2

My workplace had to update something on their end. Once they changed it, it fixed it. I think it was about updating DNS server. I am not entirely sure to be honest. All I know was the fix came from my employer not TPG.

coreyferrera20
Level 3

Hi @Riezl , @Ahra_G 

What was the outcome/resolution for this issue?

I am currently experiencing this EXACT same problem and have raised multiple tickets with zero end outcome. Clearly i am not the only one coming to you with this issue.

At this moment the only resolution i am being pointed towards is changing ISP, however i would prefer not to as i have enjoyed great service from TPG right uptil this point. Which has been frustrating to say the least.

Any help appreciated

Kind Regards,

Ahra_G

Hi @coreyferrera20

If you are pertaining to a regular homephone, we can have your issue checked by our Technical Team. 

It will be another case if you are using VoIP over a VPN connection. 

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ahra_G

coreyferrera20
Level 3

Hi @Ahra_G 

I am having the same problem that @Glenn1 and @captlhou  mentioned above - 20-03-2020 11:37 AM and ‎07-01-2019 10:27 AM

The same problem that these people also seem to be having also - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Work-IP-softphone-not-working-when-on-VPN-using-T...

Can you please post a publicly accessible resolution or somekind of end outcome or statement? There are many people experiencing this issue with zero help from TPG. I am starting to beleive there is something known within TPG but they will not make this information public.

At this point i think it is safe to say that TPG should not be looked at as a reliable option to work from home, especially if you are using an IP softphone such as cisco jabber/finesse and a VPN connection.

To anyone reading this, if working from home is your main priority, connect yourself with a different ISP and save yourself from the headache and absolute run around you will get from TPG. Optus seems to be a viable option to have this problem resolved as some colleagues of mine have made the switch and are now working with no problems.

Glenn1
Level 2

I was never able to resolve this issue.  TPG weren't interested in troubleshooting as my home phone was working.

When I work from home now, I have to work off my mobile.  If anyone has a solution, I would love to hear it