TPG Community

Get online support

Will TPG offer 3G/4G Mobile Broadband Backup for NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
Leigh63
Level 3

Hi,

For those times when NBN "drops out"

Will TPG offer 3G/4G Mobile Broadband Backup for NBN customers like Telstra do?

I have been sent the VR1600V Modem/Router and while I'm waiting for NBN Activation I have trialed Mobile Broadband by plugging in my Telstra 4G Dongle into the USB Port on the back of the Modem. And it works Smiley Very Happy

Regards, Leigh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Leigh63,

We understand the importance of your service. Please understand that while we will endeavour to make the Service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the Service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service. There are many factors outside of our control which affect the Services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and quality of the network used by our wholesale provider. Furthermore, we do not provide an alternate or interim service for service faults. The billing adjustment will be requested once the issue has been resolved.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Leigh63,

We understand the importance of your service. Please understand that while we will endeavour to make the Service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the Service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service. There are many factors outside of our control which affect the Services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and quality of the network used by our wholesale provider. Furthermore, we do not provide an alternate or interim service for service faults. The billing adjustment will be requested once the issue has been resolved.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Erika

Hi @Leigh63,

In addtion to Shane's response, at this point TPG does not offer a broadband back up for the NBN customers. TPG has a very close relationship with NBN and works together to resolve customer issues quickly. Our engineering team is 250 people strong and our engineers work very hard to get all issues resolved.

Alternatively we have excellent mobile plans that can be used in case you need to use mobile data in the very rare occasion that the service drops.

Please refer to the below community link that shows our new mobile plans with more data.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Updated-TPG-T4G-Mobile-plans-now-with-more-Include...

algro108
Level 3
Sorry but as a customer waiting for almost 2 months for NBN to install my line and now they pushed my installation date forward without my authorization while I was told TPG is negotiating to get it sooner, seems like NBN dictates how and when it should be done at their convenience. I agree with this request that TPG should cater for broadband backup and the responses of being confident that a drop out is very rare is not accurate based on my case. Indeed the billing is adjusted but the loss of business and inconvenience of no connectivity is far worse than the subscription. So please take this into consideration and let's not bank all our chips into 1 basket as I am starting to see why customers are moving over to Vodafone due to this feature they offering preventing downtime of NBN. Thanks
Ahra_G

Hi @algro108

Due to precautionary measures to protect our staff from the COVID-19 outbreak, TPG’s telephone support team members are transitioning to working from home. We appreciate your patience as you may experience longer wait times:TPG customer support channels during COVID-19 outbreak

We stand firm with our commitment to provide support to our customer while keeping our representatives' safe

This concern has been escalated directly to NBN Co by our Provisioning Team and should be in touch for updates via email or SMS. 

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ahra_G

algro108
Level 3
Yes but still doesn't answer the delay on NBN and why they had to shift my date 13 days later from initially planned. And your answer doesn't explain why you dont have a backup plan should NBN be down to cater for 4G. Your response about Covid 19 and TPG support working from home is totally unrelated to the question in subject but noted on the delays during this time. But please stick to the question and not post automated answers as the issue is still at hand, what is your contingency plan to ensure connection to subscribers if NBN is down? And please dont post another comment how confident the fibre will not be down and support is always available 24 hours.......doesn't solve the problem if there is no connection. Thanks