TPG Community

Get online support

Windows 10 Mail App not working with TPG mail

SOLVED Go to solution
Saffy
Level 3

FYI here is what Windows FB have suggested, which is where I posted the issue looking for help

We truly appreciate your effort in providing us these details. Based on all the details that you have mentioned, you have already tried series of troubleshooting steps, an advance troubleshooting might be needed to get through this and it might be bit complex. In this case, we highly suggest contacting our tech support team at 13 20 58. They have all necessary tools to assist you regarding your concern. Alternatively, you may schedule a call back or chat with them in real time via this link: http://msft.social/lLLWZI. Let us know how it goes. ^Vkie

Unfortunately I can't call them until Tuesday, so when I do get through to someone I will most certainly let you guys know how it went

Have a nice weekend Smiley Happy

Shane

Thanks @Saffy!

We'll look forward on how this will go. Happy weekend!

Cheers!

Saffy
Level 3

Hello everyone out there interested in my reply to this crazy problem

I've just gotten off live chat with tech support from Microsoft and we went back through everything I've already done again to try to fix the problem with the TPG account sending but not receiving mail

Unfortunately, my issue was not resolved 

I was told that MS Mail works well with commercial e-mail accounts but this person wasn't sure about private providers and said that TPG may have a filter, where they may have to grant permission to use this mail app

Has anyone else had this problem and know about TPG's permissions to use 3rd party mail apps ?  It was never a problem when I was using MS Outlook....

BasilDV

Hi @Saffy,

We don't have any special filter that will require an email application to get a permission in order for your TPG e-mail account to work.

Once the correct settings are set to the email client, everything should work smoothly.

You may try to use a different email client to confirm that your TPG e-mail is working.

Regards,

BasilDV

Saffy
Level 3

Thanks for that Basil, I'm sitting here laughing as it's just odd that it will send but not receive

So I guess the suggestion would be dump MS Mail App and use something else ???

lol 

Saffy
Level 3

btw, I know it's working correctly as I'm able to send and recieve via Outlook (old version) and having no troubles with my e-mails to my iPad

BasilDV

Hi @Saffy,

As you've confirmed, your TPG email is working.

It is still your decision if you'll push to use the MS Mail App or go back to the outlook client.

Have a great day.

BasilDV

Saffy
Level 3

bugger to both of them... Smiley Tongue

Just installed Thunderbird to see what would happen and believe it or not, all 3 accounts (2 x gmail and 1 x TPG) set up in a matter of 5 mins !!

Thanks so much for trying to help, my advice for anyone else having trouble with MS Mail App, ditch it and use something else, especially since MS Tech Support aren't able to help

Cheers to both you and Shane for your replies, suggestions and simply just caring and wanting to help Smiley Happy

BasilDV

You are welcome, @Saffy.

Cheers!

Riezl

Hi @amzounslide95, Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can take a look at your account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community