TPG Community

Get online support

extremely slow adsl2+

keigoleung
Level 2

Hi sir/madam

The adsl2+ speed has become extreme slow since yesterday. the speed only up to 0.6mbps.

can you please check the issue?

thanks

ken

4 REPLIES 4
luke
Level 3
Seems TPG have chronic slow speed issues, good luck, we gave up on them after them lying for 4 months what they were going to do..jack.**e
marantz
Level 3

have you restarted your modem + pc

can you post a pic of your connection stats in the modem page that shows attenuation, noise margin, etc

BasilDV

Good day @keigoleung,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I have run some remote line test and was not able to detect any issues or fault on the line. I can see that your modem is receiving a good sync speed with 4175 Kbps Downstream and 1020 Kbps Upstream rate given that you are about 3.69 Km away from the local exchange.

Were you using a wireless connection? Have you tried an isolation test by disconnecting all of your devices on the network and leaving only 1 device connected? Are you able to try running some test via direct connection to eliminate the possible wireless signal issue?

Kind regards,

keigoleung
Level 2

hi basilDV
I have tested in 1 single device connected with wire connect, and have done a power cycle on the modem/router.

The speed back to normal on sunday later in afternoon. and it is slow again today after i come back home.

the speed now is only 0.7

thanks

ken