squaredog1
Level 2

how can i find my wifi password

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drbob
Level 6

That depends on the modem.

If you have an HG659 modem and you have not changed its default configuration, the manual says that the WIFI network SSID is of the form "WiFi-XXXX" where XXXX is a 4 digit alphanumeric code and the key/password is printed on a sticker on the back of the modem.

Alternatively, you can log in to the modem and (assuming you have a HG659) go to Home Network/WLAN Encryption and click on the CheckBox next to "Show password".

If you don't have the HG659 modem, there is something similar that you can do.

By the way, the default ip address for the modem is 192.168.1.1 and you need to log in using the user name "admin". I can't remember what the default password is, but it may be "admin". Check the back of the modem and/or your modem manual.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
drbob
Level 6

That depends on the modem.

If you have an HG659 modem and you have not changed its default configuration, the manual says that the WIFI network SSID is of the form "WiFi-XXXX" where XXXX is a 4 digit alphanumeric code and the key/password is printed on a sticker on the back of the modem.

Alternatively, you can log in to the modem and (assuming you have a HG659) go to Home Network/WLAN Encryption and click on the CheckBox next to "Show password".

If you don't have the HG659 modem, there is something similar that you can do.

By the way, the default ip address for the modem is 192.168.1.1 and you need to log in using the user name "admin". I can't remember what the default password is, but it may be "admin". Check the back of the modem and/or your modem manual.

JongR

You can also refer to this useful article.

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Level 2
I have wifi-071A-5G but I don’t know my wifi password
Ahra_G

Hi @3924839

The Wi-Fi default password is normally indicated on the sticker at the back of your modem/router.

Thanks! 

helenbp70
Level 2
The password on the back of the modem does not work
Shane

Hi @helenbp70,

We did an articles that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to retrieve the forgotten password.

See the links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

The password on the back of the modem does not work