TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone not working but there is dial tone

SOLVED Go to solution
rambo
Level 2

Thanks, I should have said no issues with NBN, just the phone and I can make calls successfully so I guess that means no internet problems (VOIP).

rambo
Level 2

@Riezl wrote:

Hi @rambo,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

If the issue is particular with the home phone, these articles may also help :

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Apparently not enough priveleges to do the troubleshooting actions

Riezl

Hi @rambo, thanks for getting back to us. We have PM'd you and please reply with your TPG account details so we can look into this further. Thank you.

rambo
Level 2

@Riezl wrote:

Hi @rambo, thanks for getting back to us. We have PM'd you and please reply with your TPG account details so we can look into this further. Thank you.

Hi,  just checking you received my details as above on Saturday 21/3?  thanks

Riezl

We have received your message, @rambo. Your concern has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further investigation.

Please await feedback via SMS or phone call regarding the progression of the case.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

rambo
Level 2

@Riezl wrote:

We have received your message, @rambo. Your concern has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further investigation.

Please await feedback via SMS or phone call regarding the progression of the case.

Issue has been sorted.  TPG have done a remote factory reset on the modem. Thanks

growler1
Level 2

Hi, I also have an issue with the phone,

Phone is plugged into phone 1 port, i have a dial tone but when i call i get nothing and when people try to call me they cant get through, My phone should be working fine,

Could you please check

Growler1

BasilDV

Hi @growler1

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any issues.

We've reset the connection remotely to refresh the connection. Please check your service and provide us update if the issue persist.

BasilDV

rcjoseph
Level 2

I have the same issue - we just had the NBN guy leave but he did not check the phone - said that was up to TPG. When I checked it had a dial tone but to make calls we just get a long high pitched beep after dialling the number. seems like VOIP not working. can you check the line please.

Riezl

We are sorry to know that you are having issues with the service, rcjoseph. We'd like to look into this and help with the resolution. We have located an account using your community details, but we'd like to make sure that we got the right one. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community