TPG Community

Get online support

Voip phone has dial tone but wont connect

hollyskurr2
Level 2
Hi,

I've set up a home phone and have a dial tone but when I call a number it won't connect. Please advise.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @hollyskurr2,

We recommend having a read of these community articles, which may help with your concern:

If the issue persists, kindly send your Customer ID or username via private message so we can check the status of your homephone service.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi,

I've set up a home phone and have a dial tone but when I call a number it won't connect. Please advise.
Thanks
CaptainChalkie
Level 2

We have the exact same issue. I rang and spoke to a real human, after 20 minutes on hold, who told us that the phone Line was working but that we didn't have an add on or prepaid credit. When we signed up we were told that calls would be charged as used, not once were we told about "add ons" or adding credit. Adding credit seems easy, what I can't find out is how long that credit lasts. We don't dial out often so don't want to keep adding credit each month.

BasilDV

Hi @CaptainChalkie

Welcome to the Community!

Since you are under the pay-as-you-go service, you need to have a prepaid balance to use the phone service.

This article will guide you on how to add a prepaid balance.

You may also check the current balance when you login to TPG My account for you to monitor if you need to add more balance or not.

BasilDV