TPG Community

Get online support

What does the change to The Messaging Company mean for access to TPG emails via Outlook?

neates
Level 3
We have used Outlook to access and use TPG email for at least 15 years. I. Have distribution lists for a voluntary group of which I am secretary set up on there. I need to know whether this facility will continue before I agree to a sight-unseen transfer of our email address to a company I have never heard of before.
I am surprised that TPG, as the, you know, EMAIL PROVIDER, hasn't deigned to send us an email re this important change. I found about it yesterday via an AFR article accessed on the service formerly known as Twitter!
11 REPLIES 11
Aubrey

Hey @neates, not to worry you can still use the Outlook App as normal during and after the email migration.

You may also find these FAQs to be of great help: https://themessaging.co/frequently-asked-questions/

Aubrey

neates
Level 3

Thanks Aubrey - this is not just using the Outlook app on my mobile; this is using Outlook on our laptop. It is crucial, as I need to send out group emails via distribution lists, and for that I need a computer.

David

Aubrey

Sure, you can still continue using your Outlook app both on your mobile and computer.

Aubrey

Alleycat
Level 3

Hi Neates

I am in the same position being a Newsletter Editor for a Club.using Outlook on PC. Have had to set up 7 groups of (less than 20) recipients then have to copy>paste>resend. Has worked OK for 6 years. Have requested (8th August) transfer to The Message company (TMC). No notice of actual date of this transfer.

Last week first edition of Newsletter sent "Hung" for over an hour did not appear in Sent folder or In folder. Finally it went and I got message from System Admin Error 452 "Too many recipients." ? I then tried sending to only myself but got the same error message.

The TPG "Help" desk suggested changes to my Outlook setup to no avail (I had not made any changes my end).Said Would have to pass problem up the chain. Never got the promised call. Not sure if the problem is/was associated with the change to TMC. Also noticed that when I log on to PC to access my emails I started to get duplicate copies of all emails.?

After several emails to Postmaster I got a call today. From the discussion It seems that if you have other alias email addresses that you have transferred to TMC these are treated as seperate accounts. The caller seemed to infer that I had not transferred/registered one of my accounts. But if I log on to Web Post Office I can access it from Both seperate accounts.  I assume that because they are now seperate accounts this is why i am getting duplicate emails when I log on my PC.  Still have not resolved my OUTLOOK problem of sending from one account on PC I think that this may be due to one of the changes suggested by the "Help desk" I just need someone to tell me the exact OUTLOOK settings needed for access to TPG/TMC mail.com.au.

Hopefully this will only be a small (but frustrating) problem with the transfer. While I ponder what I am going to do in the future regarding a "free" email provider. Not sure the Gmail or Outlook will continue to provide this service.

Heard that Bigpond is doing the same.

BasilDV

Hi @Hi @Alleycat

If you are using the email address associated to your internet account, then you may try these settings.

Recommended POP3 email settings

Incoming

• Protocol: POP
  • Username: Your TPG email address
  • Password: Your TPG email address password (forgot password?)
  • Mail server: mail.tpg.com.au
  • Port & security type: 995 & SSL or SSL/TLS
  • Authentication: Enabled/password

Outgoing

• Require sign in: Yes
  • Username: Your TPG email address
  • Password: Your TPG email address password (forgot password?)
  • SMTP server: mail.tpg.com.au
  • Port & security type: 465 & SSL or SSL/TLS (for all other devices)
  • Authentication: Enabled/password

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Alleycat
Level 3

Hi BasilDV

Thanks to the information. Has solved the problem of not being able to send from my Primary address. I suspect that this occurred when making (unsuccessful) changes as suggested by the TPG "Help desk.

Currently still having problems of duplicate emails being downloaded to my PC Outlook and originals STILL remaining in Web Mail In box.

Problems have only arrisen in the last two weeks ( would not like to suggest that they are related to transfer of account to TMC, but coincidence)

BasilDV

Hi @Alleycat

You may check if the 'Leave a copy of messages on the server' is tick.

If yes, untick it and it will not leave any messages on your webmail.

BasilDV

Alleycat
Level 3

Where do I find this Box?

Does not appear under "Settings"

BasilDV

What Outlook are you using? Is it 2007, 2016, etc?