TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600 - factory reset

mt2000
Level 2

Hi...

I'm using the above router and on NBN and having several issues including intermitten internet disconnection and my parental setting has stopped working completely (was working the the day before and not the next). Rebooting does not solve the problem so I was wanted to do a factory reset. 

Do anyone know if it's possible to save the settings before factory reset ?  

thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @mt2000 . There's no option to backup the config settings. It's pretty poor of TPG to remove the function since it doesn't affect security or anything like that. TPG still has control of everything else.

Regarding the internet disconnection, does the Internet light on the router go off at these times? Does it affect ethernet devices or only wifi devices? Does the internet come back by itself or do you have to do something?

mt2000
Level 2

@david64 wrote:

Hi @mt2000 . There's no option to backup the config settings. It's pretty poor of TPG to remove the function since it doesn't affect security or anything like that. TPG still has control of everything else.

Regarding the internet disconnection, does the Internet light on the router go off at these times? Does it affect ethernet devices or only wifi devices? Does the internet come back by itself or do you have to do something?

THanks for the reply and info. 

wrt internet light, it does not looks like ti goes off (I had the smae issue just before writing this reply).  I can't even connect to the router via the usual 192.168.1.1 address.  But normally it does resolve it self though sometimes I dont know since I end up using the reboot button.  unfortuantely I dont have anything on ethernet to check but I assume it would be affected also.  any ideas?

BasilDV

Hi @mt2000

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation and run some tests.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

Atomik0000
Level 2

Hi my modem router is also rebooting about 5-7 times a day- heres the details:

Device Information
Firmware Version:
0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n
Hardware Version:
Archer VR1600v v1.0 00000000

Anyway to update the firmware?

BasilDV

Hi @Atomik0000

The device is already running on the latest firmware available.

Have you tried to press and hold the reset button for at least 20 to 30 seconds?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

BasilDV