TPG Community

Get online support

Continuous often Internet disconnections

Excellent
Level 2
Thank you, Basil.

My Internet is still unusable 98% of the time, no material change. Brief periods of full speed (a few minutes here, maybe an hour there) then it drops and is totally unreliable. When my work day is 10+ zoom calls and interviews and lots of Jira and Confluenve async work, that just doesn’t work for me. Especially when we are also isolating with kids and can’t pop to a cafe or office for reception.

It’s now been a week without reliable service, and with zero proactive communication or updates from TPG or NBN, aside from an SMS outage notification during the storm last night, and replies to this thread for which I’m thankful, Basil. TPG support and engineering are lovely and helpful and engaged when I get through to them.

However, it’s now been a week without usable service. I’m reliant on my Optus iPhone to work and keep my isolating family entertained. The ambiguity from NBNCo is increasingly unacceptable - I am not clear what their next steps are, why they haven’t sent out an engineer - and why I have to call TPG and wait on hold every day to keep the ball rolling and get updates? Every day I’m told it’ll progress during the next 24 hours… but it doesn’t.

I appreciate that right now a lot of folk in NSW are in far worse situations than I and we must prioritise making people safe and in touch with loved ones… but my impression is that it’s not the flooding which is preventing NBN from fixing my issue.

Can you please check in again, to save me cancelling an hour of work calls to sit on hold?

Thank you, Basil.
BasilDV

Hi @Excellent

Currently, we are still waiting for the update from NBN Co. We've requested for an ETA, but there's no response as of the moment.

Your assigned Engineer is monitoring the case and will be in touch with you today to provide further information.

Thank you for your patience.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Excellent

Just providing another update with your case.

Our Engineers tried to contact you to no avail.

The NBN Co advised that the network fault is expected to be resolved on or before 8 March 2022.

Further updates will be provided by your assigned Engineer once available.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

Excellent
Level 2

Thank you Basil, that sounds terrific and thank you and TPG for the proactive updates. I've been in meetings during the engineer's attempted calls, mostly via mostly stable TPG internet today. Thank them for the calls please.

I'm still waiting on a TPG 4G SIM as promised by support last week, but in the meantime I've purchased my own 4G modem and data SIM which we can switch to when the TPG goes down. Fingers crossed for a final resolution in near future.

BasilDV

You're welcome, @Excellent.

Your message will be relayed to our team.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hughesromino
Level 2
Hi, I'm experiencing very similar issues, though maybe not quite as extreme as my internet is mostly usable.

I will say for most of this year the connections have been unstable,whether over the Wifi or Ethernet. Its most noticeable trying to use streaming services such as kayo or abc iview where it is either low resolution or pauses to buffer very regularly.

I've called tpg and they made me run the speed test which apparently showed an acceptable speed and dismissed the problem. Yet it's not OK. We've also had half a dozen scheduled maintenance events in our area over the last few weeks for no improvement.

I'd really like some answers.
Aryanna
Level 2

Internet continuously connecting and disconnecting? Regular interruption of the Internet is most likely a problem with your router or ISP. Check the Internet connection on various devices to see if there is an issue with the connection and computer. Try connecting to your laptop, mobile, and phone.

MyBalanceNow

Ahra_G

Hi @Hughesromino,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If you are still experiencing issues, let us have your Customer ID or username via private message so we can assist you further. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi, I'm experiencing very similar issues, though maybe not quite as extreme as my internet is mostly usable.

I will say for most of this year the connections have been unstable,whether over the Wifi or Ethernet. Its most noticeable trying to use streaming services such as kayo or abc iview where it is either low resolution or pauses to buffer very regularly.

I've called tpg and they made me run the speed test which apparently showed an acceptable speed and dismissed the problem. Yet it's not OK. We've also had half a dozen scheduled maintenance events in our area over the last few weeks for no improvement.

I'd really like some answers.
rhochkins
Level 2

I have experienced this exact thing and suffered the same bounce around between TPG support, NBNCo support which was super frustrating.

The issue ended up being a faulty NBN Co modem, it took 5 visits by techs who inspected the pit connection, house cable connection, link connection to modem and line speed on multiple occasions. The whole time the modem that NBN supplied was faulty.

The tech who eventually brough a replacement modem said they're inherintly problematic and they are changing 40,000 per month on average.