TPG Community

Get online support

Disable router function on HUAWEI HG659

kkumar7347
Level 2

Hi,

I have recently bought a TP-Link Deco M5 mesh wifi system which i plan on using as a router rather than simply an access point. I am also planning on using ethernet backhaul to each node of the mesh system, however TP-Link do not recommend using ethernet backhaul and router mode at the same time when there is an existing router present.

deco router mode.JPG

Therefore my question is can i disable the router functionality on my HUAWEI HG659 modem/router so that it will not interfere with the mesh system even when in router mode with ethernet backhaul?

If this is not possible then is there any setting i can change on my HUAWEI router in order to negate any network loops or double NAT problems that may occur with the mesh system?

3 REPLIES 3
PeterW

Hello kkumar7347,
Thank you for being a part of the TPG Community.
For verification purposes can you please send me a private message (PM) by clicking on my name and provide the following information:
 Username
 Full Name
 Full Address
 D.O.B.
I will reply ASAP on receipt of the above.
Regards
PeterW
My TPG app for IOS and Android - https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Todfh
Level 2
Could this please be posted in the community? I have same setup, but can’t get my wired connections to reach the internet.
I have the Huawei in bridge mode and the Deco in router mode, with the desktop Ethernet directly connected to the deco. The desktop dynamically changes IP/DNS to the same (new) network, incl default gateway, but it won’t get any further than that. I can ping the router but not google DNS for example.
Shane

Hi @Todfh,

We have an existing threads about connecting a 3rd party router to our supplied modem/router. Please see links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Could this please be posted in the community? I have same setup, but can’t get my wired connections to reach the internet.
I have the Huawei in bridge mode and the Deco in router mode, with the desktop Ethernet directly connected to the deco. The desktop dynamically changes IP/DNS to the same (new) network, incl default gateway, but it won’t get any further than that. I can ping the router but not google DNS for example.