TPG Community

Get online support

Modem fried from power surge - can I buy a new one off the shelf?

ABattista
Level 2
Hi There,

I have a Huawei TPG supplied modem, and tonight there was a power surge and the modem appears to be fried. it won't come back on at all and all other electrical devices came back on fine. Can I buy another Huawei router off the shelf at a retailer and configure it to work?

I’ve been on hold for 20 mins! I need this internet connection back on ASSP for my small business!
6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @ABattista

Third party modem/router will work with your service, however, the VoIP service will not work since the settings of it is embedded in the firmware of our modem.

You may purchase a new modem with us for $99.95 + $10 shipping fee. Just dial the number 1300 993 011 and 1300 900 779 to assist you with your order.

BasilDV

ABattista
Level 2
Hi basil. We are bother overseas at the moment. Can the modem be ordered via email?
BasilDV

Hi @ABattista,

Yes, you may send an email to customer_service@tpg.com.au to process your order.

Cheers!

BasilDV

meebo
Level 3

@BasilDVFor curiosity sake if someone was to use their own modem and not one supplied by TPG would TPG supply them with the details for the phone to work or is it strictly for TPG inhouse modems only?

ABattista
Level 2
Thanks Basil.
Myself and my husband have emailed twice over the last 48 hours and no response so far! We need to have this replacement modem this week! Any way we can fast track this request? Can I call tpg overseas free of charge?
Thank you for your help
Arnelle
tonystork
Level 5

Based on this thread https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/NBN-amp-Home-Phone/m-p/44850#M17393 NBN VoIP service will only work using TPG's supplied modem/router only.

@meebo wrote:

@BasilDVFor curiosity sake if someone was to use their own modem and not one supplied by TPG would TPG supply them with the details for the phone to work or is it strictly for TPG inhouse modems only?