Modem

Cartur93
Level 2
I just recently apply for nbn service and they told me better buy a módem from my end so I found this reference D-Link R15 Eagle PRO AI AX1500 Smart Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router, can someone tell me if is compatible with NBN, thank
6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi @Cartur93

We have created some articles that you may refer to for BYO modems and compatibility: 

Let us know if we can assist further. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

david64
Master

Hi @Cartur93 . Do you know what type of NBN connection you have? If not, you can check at nbnco.com.au.

The R15 won't work on FTTB/FTTN because it has no RJ11 connector for the phone line.

In selecting this model router, you won't be having a VOIP phone. If you have selected a BYO router data only plan, this should work with FTTC/FTTP/HFC.

Cartur93
Level 2
My plan is NBN FTTB 50, that módem could work with this plan?
Ahra_G

Hi @Cartur93, referring to @david64's reply, the R15 will not work since you have the NBN FTTB service. 

david64
Master

@Cartur93 . If you don't want the VOIP phone function, you can choose from this list of routers which have RJ11 connection for FTTB/FTTN.

https://help.iinet.net.au/setting-common-non-iinet-supplied-modems-nbn-fttbn

If you want the VOIP phone, you have to use the router supplied by TPG.

BasilDV

Hi @Cartur93 

The D-Link R15 Eagle PRO AI AX1500 will not work with NBN FTTN/FTTB as it is a router only device.

You may check the link provided by david64 for reference.

Be advised that the bundled VoIP service won't work with a 3 third party device.

BasilDV