TP-link VX420-G2V

maburlak62
Level 2

Hi

Could TPG provide a link to the firmware/driver software for router TP-link VX420-G2V?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @maburlak62

Welcome to the Community!

Is this the TPG provided modem/router? May we know the reason that you want the firmware/driver software of it?

BasilDV

maburlak62
Level 2

My Dell laptop cannot find the wireless network. Every other device in the house can find and connect to it. Just my work Dell laptop can't. The wi-fi name doesn't appear in the list of available wi-fi networks.I have had out IT team look into it as well and they can't fix the problem. We've tried updating and installing latest Dell/Intel drivers... still doesn't appear on the list of available networks.Yes it is a TPG modem and I am a TPG customer.

david64
Level 15

Hi @maburlak62 . Are both networks in the VX enabled?

Is the Dell able to detect 2.4G and 5G?

Can it detect other networks in the neighbourhood?

In the VX network names, are there any special characters that might be a problem?

maburlak62
Level 2

Hi David64

Yes both networks are enabled.. and my Dell had no problems connecting to my previous Optus network.
It also can detect other networks.. I am currently connected to a hotspot from my phone.
The WiFi name has a dash (-) in it but my Dell can pick up other networks with dashes.
Thanks
david64
Level 15

@maburlak62 . This is from the Dell Community forum. What wifi channel numbers are used on your router?

For 2.4G, try channel 1 or 6. (11 is the other non-overlapping channel. Suggestion is that Dell can't detect channel 11 or 12).

On laptop, do command:   netsh wlan show all

Compare the settings on these other networks compared to yours.