TPG Community

Get online support

What are the current routers that TPG offer for NBN FTTP ?

SOLVED Go to solution
Olly76
Level 2

What are the current routers that TPG use for NBN FTTP ? My current which is a TP-Link Archer AC1200, seems pretty hitech considering it's got the extra antennas. Do the newer ones still have this ? Or are they better at transmission. I live in a very large double story house. My current one seems to have started dropping out , and I am in the process of requesting a firmware update. I will also be monitoring drop outs. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @Olly76

The other model that we provide for NBN FTTP technology is TP-Link VX220-G2V.

If you want a much powerful router, then you may consider getting a different model or a Mesh network that will help you lessen any black spots in your premises.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

0Thielen8
Level 3

@Olly76 wrote:

What are the current routers that TPG use for NBN FTTP ? My current which is a TP-Link Archer AC1200, seems pretty hitech considering it's got the extra antennas. Do the newer ones still have this ? Or are they better at transmission. I live in a very large double story house. My current one seems to have started dropping out , and I am in the process of requesting a firmware update. I will also be monitoring drop outs. Aetna Medicare Network

Hello,

TPG offers several routers for NBN FTTP (Fiber-to-the-Premises) connections. The specific router that is provided to you may depend on the type of NBN plan you have and availability in your area. Here are some of the current routers offered by TPG for NBN FTTP:

1. TPG Archer VR1600v - This router is suitable for NBN FTTP plans with speeds up to 100 Mbps. It features dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 2 FXS ports for VoIP phone connections.

2. TPG NBN Premium Wi-Fi Modem - This router is suitable for NBN FTTP plans with speeds up to 100/20 Mbps. It features dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 2 FXS ports for VoIP phone connections.

3. TPG NBN12 Wi-Fi Modem - This router is suitable for NBN FTTP plans with speeds up to 12/1 Mbps. It features dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 Ethernet ports, and 2 FXS ports for VoIP phone connections.

It's important to note that TPG may change their router offerings from time to time, so it's best to check their website or contact their customer support for the latest information on the routers available for your NBN FTTP plan.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @Olly76

The other model that we provide for NBN FTTP technology is TP-Link VX220-G2V.

If you want a much powerful router, then you may consider getting a different model or a Mesh network that will help you lessen any black spots in your premises.

BasilDV

0Thielen8
Level 3

@Olly76 wrote:

What are the current routers that TPG use for NBN FTTP ? My current which is a TP-Link Archer AC1200, seems pretty hitech considering it's got the extra antennas. Do the newer ones still have this ? Or are they better at transmission. I live in a very large double story house. My current one seems to have started dropping out , and I am in the process of requesting a firmware update. I will also be monitoring drop outs. Aetna Medicare Network

Hello,

TPG offers several routers for NBN FTTP (Fiber-to-the-Premises) connections. The specific router that is provided to you may depend on the type of NBN plan you have and availability in your area. Here are some of the current routers offered by TPG for NBN FTTP:

1. TPG Archer VR1600v - This router is suitable for NBN FTTP plans with speeds up to 100 Mbps. It features dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 2 FXS ports for VoIP phone connections.

2. TPG NBN Premium Wi-Fi Modem - This router is suitable for NBN FTTP plans with speeds up to 100/20 Mbps. It features dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 2 FXS ports for VoIP phone connections.

3. TPG NBN12 Wi-Fi Modem - This router is suitable for NBN FTTP plans with speeds up to 12/1 Mbps. It features dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 Ethernet ports, and 2 FXS ports for VoIP phone connections.

It's important to note that TPG may change their router offerings from time to time, so it's best to check their website or contact their customer support for the latest information on the routers available for your NBN FTTP plan.

Thanks,