TPG Community

Get online support

Wifi connected with no internet

rosiemadaschi
Level 2
There was a power outage last night and now the internet isn't working. My android is connected without internet. I've tried unplugging for 30 seconds, one minute, one hour... nothing changes. The power light is on, as well as 2.4g and 5g lights, but not the internet one. Please help
6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @rosiemadaschi . What type of NBN connection do you have?

If you have an NBN box, how are its lights?

What model wifi router?

You can check for any outage with NBN and with TPG.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status

https://support.tpg.com.au/servicestatus

rosiemadaschi
Level 2
Hi David. It's a fixed line connection I think. Is that a thing? Sorry, my ex husband used to handle this stuff. I definitely don't have an NBN box. The router model is Archer VR1600v if I'm reading the correct part of the description. Any help greatly appreciated!
david64
Level 15

@rosiemadaschi . With no NBN box, you must have thin telephone cable from Archer DSL port to telephone wall socket. You could just check that they are pushed in all the way.

Turn the Archer off for a minute and back on.  The DSL light should flash.

If it doesn't, the Archer might be broken.

Did you check your address for outage at NBN and TPG?

rosiemadaschi
Level 2
Yes that's correct. Everything is plugged in properly and no difference after switching off for one minute. Power, 2.4g and 5g lights still on, but nothing else. No outages in my area. Is it possible for the router to be damaged when there is a power outage due to bad weather? I figured the router wouldn't turn on at all if broken. Everything else in my house just reset when the power came back on last night (oven clock, tv etc)
david64
Level 15

@rosiemadaschi . The DSL light off might mean there is a fault further down the line, so there is nothing for the router to sync onto.

Are you in home unit block or house?

I can't do anything to fix your problem. Moderators are running a couple of days behind.

BasilDV

Hi @rosiemadaschi 

How's your connection? Is it back?

If not, please send us a private message with your account details and we'll take it from there.

BasilDV