TPG Community

Get online support

All Ethernet ports not working on my Archer VR1600v

SOLVED Go to solution
dantaran001
Level 3

Hi there,

Recently all my ethernet connected devices can on longer identify the network they are connected to. I've tried all ports and none of them have internet access. Only my wifi connected devices work as normal. I've read similar posts however most talk about a single device not connecting. I've got around 6 wired devices all with the same issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @dantaran001 . This iiNet article might help with setup of your VR400 (similar to VR900). FTTC and HFC use the same setup. FTTP uses the same setup but does not use VLAN ID.

https://help.iinet.net.au/how-set-tp-link-archer-vr900-nbn-fttc

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BasilDV

Hi @dantaran001

Thanks for raising this with us.

May we know what troubleshooting have you tried so far?

And as you've advised that you are using 6 wired devices, does it mean that you are using a switch or an access point as the LAN ports of the provided modem/router is only 4.

BasilDV

dantaran001
Level 3

Hey BasilDV

Thanks for the reply.

So far I've switched off the router for 30 minutes then switched it back on with no success.

I've also tried the network troublshooting tool through thte network setting with the ethernet network and the result says it cannot connect DNS services (from memory, currenlty not home to double-check)

I have 3 unmanaged switches spread across my property (I refer direct connections over wifi). Thought the issue was with one of my switches however I've tried directly connecting a device bypassing the switch and I still have the unidentified network issue. 

BasilDV

Hi @dantaran001

You may need to factory reset the modem/router.

Performing this, the settings of the modem/router will go back to default and you may need to set them up again.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

dantaran001
Level 3

Thanks BasilDV

I'll get that a try when I get home tonight and let you know if I have any further issues.

Thanks again

dantaran001

BasilDV

You're welcome @dantaran001.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

dantaran001
Level 3

Hey @BasilDV 

I completed a 'Factory Restore' on my router and the same problem still persists, unfortunately.

I ran another diagnostic on the ethernet network the results said my ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration. That was the same error message I got before the factory restore. At the moment the wired network appears as an 'Unidentified Network' on all my wired devices. 

For the time being, I'll continue using the wifi however it isn't ideal. Thanks for the suggestion though, didn't think to try that initially. I'm not sure how to proceed with the fix though. I'm hesitant to purchase another router for the chance that the issue isn't with the router itself.

Kind regards,

dantaran001

BasilDV

Hi @dantaran001

If you've already tried different Ethernet cables, all of the LAN ports on your modem/router, and factory reset, then it is possible that the modem/router issue.

If you want to make sure before purchasing a new one, then you may need to try another modem/router first. If you don't have a spare one, maybe you can borrow one from a friend. If none, then you may proceed with purchasing a new modem/router.

Note: If you are under the NBN with VoIP service, then the VoIP will not work using a third party modem/router. If it's a BYO or data only, then don't worry about it.

BasilDV

dantaran001
Level 3

Hey @BasilDV 

I suspected it was a router issue so I was able to grab a TP-Link Archer VR400 AC1200 modem router.I'm not concerned with VoIP since I've never connected a phone to my service. If I call TPG would they be able to troubleshoot me through the set up of the new modem? I've attempted to switch over the modem with the new model however it does'nt seem to be a simply switch as it doesn't recognise the connection to the NCD.

dantaran001

BasilDV

Hi @dantaran001

We'd like to check your account for us to provide proper guide.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV