TPG Community

Get online support

BYO modem Setup not working

jchamp1281
Level 2
Hi
I have NBN50 with a HFC connection and I am trying to change the modem to a modem with more range capabilities (tpg AC1200)
I have entered in PPPoE and my username and password but it still won't connect
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @jchamp1281 . You have to set VLAN ID=2. Location of setting varies between routers. Also, add @tpg.com.au to username.

BasilDV

Hi @jchamp1281 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it shows that you are under the previous plan which we provide a free modem/router.

If you are going to use a third party modem/router, then you need to set the VLAN ID to 2.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

jchamp1281
Level 2

Hi
I have changed the vlan id and it still doesn't work
I have included screenshots of my network settings
Thanks
Jesse

jchamp1281
Level 2

As well I tried my username with @TPG.com.au

BasilDV

Hi @jchamp1281

We've edited your post as the screenshots shows your TPG username. Please avoid posting any account information on a public thread as it may compromise your security.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted by our Tech team to check on the setup further.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

@jchamp1281 . The TP-Link Archer C1200 was/is the TPG supplied router for FTTP but should still work for you. But your screen layouts look different from the manual.

Are all 4 lights lit on the black NBN box?

Looking at the VLAN screen, you could try enabling IPTV. Some routers have VLAN settings in the IPTV section. Even though you have set VLAN ID, it might not be active.