HFC Box

janharrison
Level 2
I am awaiting NBN , have been sent a useless modem but have both Telstra cable internet and Foxtel, so why can’t TPG/ NBN include an NBN box with the modem and I could self install on one of these lines... (happy to lose Telstra Internet) alternatively you could supply a cable modem that would do away with the need for an NBN Box as I assume this is all done at cable level anyways.....
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @janharrison 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that your address is within the NBN HFC footprint.

For this NBN technology, an NBN NTD box is required in order to provide you the service.

We understand that you've been notified with the schedule of your NBN installation, which requires your presence or someone that is above 18 yrs of age as an NBN technician will visit your site to install the NBN NTD box.

Further updates will be given by our NBN service delivery team as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

janharrison
Level 2
What is a NTD box and where does it get installed - inside or outside?
If inside how is it different from the illustration provided with yr modem I have received... if it’s just a little box that attaches to my already installed cable, why waste money having a technician involved when it’s pretty simple!!!
Ahra_G

Hi @janharrison

You may refer to the following articles on how and what the installation is going to be:

Please be advised that NBN Co is the wholesale provider of NBN services nationwide. Therefore, we are subjected to their connection timeframe as well as scheduling. 

An installation guide was also sent to the email address we have on file. NBN installer will provide an nbn™ connection box (NTD) and connect it to the wall socket thus, it will be inside the premises. 

For Frequently Asked Questions on NBN installation visit: www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn/installation-faq

Regards,

Ahra_G