TPG Community

Get online support

How to connect Netgear Nighthawk RAX43 to NBN HFC service

3Nodosa5
Level 2

The supplied TP Link Archer VR1600V is very poor device and is constantly needing to be rebooted to maintain wifi connections, I want to replace with a device of my own chossing, something like the Netgear Nighthawk RAX43 or similiar.

What do I need to do to connect this router in place of current.

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @3Nodosa5 

Please be advised that once you decided to use a 3rd party router, you will no longer have access to the VoIP service. For security reasons the home phone component of your bundle is encrypted and requires the use of our modem, to make and receive phone calls.

Here are some articles that you can refer to as a guide in setting up your equipment:

In addtion, If you wish to use a 3rd party modem/router to get a stronger wireless connection you have the option to connect it via DHCP settings.

For more details you may visit thread.
Are the Tpg routers DHCP compatible? 

Let us know should you require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

3Nodosa5
Level 2

Hi, Thank you for your reply, the link 

Does not work, it return access denied, per attached image

I am aware that I will not be able to use VOIP services, we do not actually use our phone anymore.

Kind Regards

Sean

BasilDV

Hi @3Nodosa5

In using a third party modem/router for the NBN HFC, you need to make sure that the device can configure the VLAN ID to 2.

You may check this previous thread for an idea: Netgear Nighthawk xr700 NBN HFC and Netgear D7000 Settings

Stay safe.

BasilDV