TPG Community

Get online support

I don't think my FTTP MODEM order has been actioned.

markdexter
Level 2

Hi, 

I registered for the FTTN to FTTP upgrade recently.I had a lot of trouble placing the order as the system was pretty bad TBH. 

I know I definetely asked for a $0 FTTP MODEM as part of my order.

The NBN tech has been today and installed everything, however I have no FTTP MODEM so can't use the service.  

How do I go about getting a MODEM? as I'll need it before the FTTN service is shutdown in 7 days. 

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @markdexter . If the NBN tech installed everything, he would have put a box on a wall outside the house and run fibre cable to another box (FTTP NBN box) inside the house. Your wifi router connects to a UNI-D port specified by TPG once they activate the service. 

What model wifi router do you have that you are using on FTTN?

If it is fairly new, it should handle the higher speed of the FTTP connection.

Shane

Hi @markdexter ,

Can you share the make and model of the current modem that you have so we can see if it can be configured with the newly installed FTTP-NBN box?

Regards,

Hi,

I registered for the FTTN to FTTP upgrade recently.I had a lot of trouble placing the order as the system was pretty bad TBH.

I know I definetely asked for a $0 FTTP MODEM as part of my order.

The NBN tech has been today and installed everything, however I have no FTTP MODEM so can't use the service.  

How do I go about getting a MODEM? as I'll need it before the FTTN service is shutdown in 7 days. 

markdexter
Level 2

Hi Shane, 

Its a pretty old (7 years-ish ?) Hauweii HG658. 

My FTTN stopped working about 20 minutes ago now also, despite the txt message telling me I had 7 days. 

david64
Level 15

@markdexter . That is pretty old and won't work well or at all on FTTP.

The article has a table of routers for Superfast and Ultrafast plans. Bit dated now.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/High-Speed-NBN-BYO-Modem-Requirements/td-p/94157

Did you use the VOIP home phone on FTTN? 

With FTTP, the home phone plugs into FTTP box.

If you have taken Superfast or Ultrafast plan, a phone service is not available.

If TPG will give you a free router, take it in the first instance. Depends on what features you might want.

You could also buy some other retail model.

BasilDV

Hi @markdexter 

We'd like to check on what we can arrange for you.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV