NBN installation

pangthad1
Level 2

Hi,

I just switched from ADSL to NBN, received the modem and router and also an sms to advise i should connect them and awaiting activation. I did everything as required but could get it working and I called, waited for ages finally Ieft my number twice but nobody called back at all and this is liek 90 mins past! Prior to that I spoke to 4 customer support person and all gave different response and the worse is I had an indifferent case manager called Gabriel. I even gone online to check status and then it tells me working hard on the progress of installation. It is just so aggravating and frustrating and I woudl definitely rate TPG support as very poor and would not recommend them to anyone for NBN. As I am writing this email for help I am still waiting on the call. Disappointing!  

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @pangthad1

For customers who would like to check the status of their service installation/activation, we have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We also send an email notification once the service is activated. If you have received this email and the service is still not working, we recommend to check if the equipment is properly set up by going to this link : NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

In your case, we've arranged an NBN technician that will check your service and fix the issue. Further updates will be given by your Case manager once available.

BasilDV

pangthad1
Level 2

Yes , I have been advised a technician will be on site but I will have to wait another 12 days later! I was told to upgrade from ADSL2 and it will solve my speed issue but instead the problem has exacerbated. Meanwhile I am sitting on speed dropping to 0.8Mbps to 1.2Mps and your case manager is indifferent even having the gall to tell me its free internet and I will not be charged for it until such time? So far I have spoken to 3 case manager and apart from one earnest individual the other two were total apathetic. As for customer service, it was very poor and I had to keep calling back when the case manager was suppose to call me did not do so. This has been very disappointing, exasperating and a total misrepresentation and deceitful to get us upgraded and not solving the issue. You can be certain I will make it very clear to others to be wary of your poor support. I intend to take the matter up with TIO because of your representation of product services and deliverables.