No FTTC NBN Signal

SOLVED Go to solution
ncanqn
Level 2

Hi,

I received a text message says "You are required to connect your NBN modem" last night while my ADSL was still working.

I did that for 30 mins but only power led was solid blue, others were kept flashing. 

Reconnected ADSL modem and I backed online. 

It seems my telephone line has not been switch over to NBN because ADSL is still working?

I have called TPG support last night and there is no update till now.

Can someone check and update me?

Regards.

Ken

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ncanqn
Level 2

Thanks.

Got a call last night. Technician has been booked in 2 weeks time.

View solution in original post

ncanqn
Level 2

Just an update. I got connected to NBN today.

Technician came out and scratch his head because cannot detect the trace signal at the NBN box. After a while found my telephone line is still connected to telstra telephone network without passing through NBN box.

He then connect back to NBN box and working as expected.

Finally we figure out what had happened. So roughtly two months ago my adsl signal was lost (must be because NBN team connect me to NBN network). Since I contact TPG about my ADSL issue, Telstra technician came out, cut the cable and connect me back to ADSL. Today NBN technician cut the cable and join back to NBN network. Well done guys. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ncanqn
Level 2

No one bother to follow up after 48 hours since calling and 24 hours since posted ????

BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @ncanqn

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, customers can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn-fttc/problems_connect_internet_nbn_fttc and make sure that your setup is correct. You may refer to our article : NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

In your case, our NBN provisioning team has arranged an NBN technician to visit your premises and fix the issue within the service. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

ncanqn
Level 2

Thanks.

Got a call last night. Technician has been booked in 2 weeks time.

ncanqn
Level 2

Just an update. I got connected to NBN today.

Technician came out and scratch his head because cannot detect the trace signal at the NBN box. After a while found my telephone line is still connected to telstra telephone network without passing through NBN box.

He then connect back to NBN box and working as expected.

Finally we figure out what had happened. So roughtly two months ago my adsl signal was lost (must be because NBN team connect me to NBN network). Since I contact TPG about my ADSL issue, Telstra technician came out, cut the cable and connect me back to ADSL. Today NBN technician cut the cable and join back to NBN network. Well done guys. Smiley Happy

A_C
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I've experienced the exact same problem, and have been trying to get assistance from TPG. However, the chat support has not been helpful - only managed to get someone once in five tries, and said person unhelpfully told me NBN was not installed in my area (both TPG and NBN have told me multiple times it is). 

Can you please assist with this?