Service Activation

brandonwidjaja
Level 2

Hi, I applied for the NBN Broadband 50 Contract a few days ago and I was just wondering how long I should expect before the service is activated as my apartment already came with the NBN box installed. My installation status still says that it is being worked on but I also read somewhere that it would take between 2-30 but given that I already have the NBN box installed, and I've also already received my modem, how long should I be expecting for the service to activate and do I just wait for the email to say my service is activated and then install my modem? Would be nice to have a rough estimate as I am currently doing university online and so I will need to find an alternate source of wifi until this is activated. Also, since the NBN box is already installed will I still need someone to come into my apartment for installation? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @brandonwidjaja

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that your service has been activated.

Please connect the provided router to the designated UNI-D port on your NBN NTD box.

Refer to this article for the setup assistance:

NBN Fibre To The Premise (NBN FTTP) Setup Guide

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

brandonwidjaja
Level 2
Hi, thanks for the reply. I’ve plugged the yellow cable from the Uni-D 1 port into the blue socket on my modem and I’ve also plugged in the power. The green lights on the modem are solid green (the internet one is as well) however, the “newly installed broadband is waiting to be automatically configured” page is still coming up after waiting over an hour and rebooting several times. What can I do to fix this? The UNI-D 1 light on the NBN box is yellow and the optical light flashes if that helps, thanks.
BasilDV

Hi @brandonwidjaja

We've checked the account and it shows that the router is now online.

Let us know if you are still unable to browse the internet for us to check on it further.

BasilDV