TPG Community

Get online support

Stuck on hold waiting for a technician

saffie
Level 2

Hi there,

I've just moved house and I'm trying to set up my new NBN connection but I've got two problems.

1) I recieved a router, but no NBN NCD 

2) my router doesn't turn on

I've been on the phone with support about sending a new NCD, but was transferred to the technical team to double check that the router is working as well (don't want to wait several days to get a new NCD only to find that the router is a brick as well). That was 40 minutes ago and I'm still on hold - every few minutes the phone rings, but then sends me straight back to the hold music. Have I been forgotten/lost in the queue? Is there some way to find out? This is the second time I've been transferred, I've been on this call more than an hour now and I'm getting hungry.

Edit: Still on hold. I've been moving  house all weekend and I'm so tired can somebody please either help me or let me know that you've all gone home for the night so I can eat and sleep.

7 REPLIES 7
saffie
Level 2

after 90 minutes on the phone, two transfers and an hour on hold, I get an automated message saying that due to the high number of calls you can't help me, please go online or email?

Right, please update my query to direct me to the cancellation page, thanks.

Ahra_G

Hi @saffie

Welcome to the Community! 

NBN Installation has different Service Class types. Yours is under Service Class 34 which means that the service can be activated remotely. 

In your case, the NCD should be readily available as this is indicated on NBN CO's database. Furthermore, the NCD should not be taken once a customer transferred or left the service area nor should be sold as it is NBN's property. 

Recent update indicated that the assigned Case Manager requested for an NCD to be sent. You will also be informed if a tech visit is also required to install the said equipment. 

The Case Manager will be in touch as soon as an update regarding the equipment becomes available. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

saffie
Level 2

That's fine, but what about the second part of my query? There's no point sending me a new NCD if my router doesn't turn on at all, and transferring me to a technical team to discuss whether a new router is required, then leaving me on hold for an hour, then dropping my call isn't good enough.

Riezl

We have made a follow up with our Provisioning Team and a Case Manager will contact you to address the concerns raised. Kindly await a call within the day.

saffie
Level 2

That's great, but they called while I was already doing a follow up call to try and arrange a replacement modem to be sent.

For those playing at home, the follow up call took 1 hour and 56 minutes during which I was transferred to installations, technical support, accounts, NBN case manager and then customer service. When customer service wanted to send me BACK to the provisioning team (aka the 6th person of the call), I demanded to be sent to cancellations instead because this is ridiculous.

The cancellations team refused to send me a new modem or allow me to cancel my account without paying an early termination fee until I spoke with the engineering team to confirm that a modem ~that doesn't turn on~ is indeed faulty.

Engineering were supposed to call me between 12 and 12:30. It is now 12:45 with no phone call. 

Engineering has until 1pm to call me or my next call will be to the ombudsman as TPG are obviously incapable of providing the service they've advertised.

Ahra_G

We apologise for the poor experience, @saffie

Please be assured that the equipment has now been requested. 

A Case Manager is also closely monitoring the account and will be in touch for any further updates. 

Feel free to reach out to us again should you require any assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

eduardo23
Level 3
Do you guys purposely not reply to other questions and just pick the ones you guys want to answer.

I WANT TO CANCEL MY NBN SERVICE

You guys insist on sending a technician even though I don't have a nbn box installed in my house and I have also explained why my address says its nbn ready is because there are 2 houses in the same address and the other is connected to nbn already.

I am not about to pay 90 a month for a service I can't use, so please contact me so I cancel my nbn and get a refund for the money I paid for the service and set-up I never received and I will return the modem which is unused.

I have already posted my cancellation on this community and emailed cancel@tpg.com.au but no response but a computer email.

If this takes any longer, I will contact the TIO to get my NBN cancelled so I can go back to my adsl internet