TPG Community

Get online support

When will be done restoration works??

em0427
Level 2
My nbn outage dropped since Saturday so I called TPG support and they are still working in progress.
My area is 4120 Greenslopes.
I can't do anything without internet so I need it get back ASAP.
Please let me know when will be done.
Otherwise I am concerned to cancel TPG service and change to other broadband service.

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @em0427

Welcome to the Community! 

I've since located your account using your Community details and have seen that the outage is still in ongoing however field services are already in progress.

Field Services have found further works are required. Two types of cables require replacement, which in turn require further civil works. NBN Co is trying to arrange civil works for this evening as Traffic Management is required.

Civil crews were on-site throughout the day, and have been stood down overnight. Traffic control is being organised for tomorrow.

We will be in touch as soon as an update become available. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @em0427

I wish I was the bearer of the good news. 

Unfortunately, the outage is still not resolved. Field Services have found further works are required. Two types of cables require replacement, which in turn require further civil works.

NBN technicians will attend later this evening to resume restoration activity. 

Further updates will be provided as soon as it is available. 

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Thank you. 

BasilDV

Hi @em0427,

Just a quick update.

We were advised by NBN Co that the Arborist has completed the work on the roots. However, the restoration has been delayed due to wet weather. The manhole has been filled with rainwater and a sucker truck has been arranged to be on-site on Monday 18/03/19 to empty the manhole.

Further updates will be given once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Ahra_G

Good day, @em0427

The infrastructure restoration has already been resolved. Checking the status of your connection, it shows that your modem is connected and up and running for almost a day now. 

Should any additional assistance is required, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Thank you.