TPG Community

Get online support

internet not connecting. internet light not on

Erika

Hi @Murtthat

A TPG technician has been booked for tomorrow, 19 July between 1pm - 5pm. 

The technicians advise of a need for entry to the premises and access to the MDF to complete their checks. This means we require you or a person over 18 years of age to be home for the appointment

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

carlamerrick
Level 2
I am having the same problem TPG. The person came today to connect my NBN and the internet light is not working. Please help
Shane

Hi @carlamerrick,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I was able to pull up your account using your community details.

I ran initial tests on your connection and it shows a connection on the line.

I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further tests and investigation.

Kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @carlamerrick,

One of our technicians tried to call you earlier today unfortunately no avail.

I'd like to get your preferred time and I'll have them call you again.

Cheers!

minniemouse8
Level 2

I've got exactly the same problem!!!  I took a day off work yesterday so my NBN could supposedly be connected and the technician could access the port in my house.  Still no internet!!!  The technician was in and out as he had to access the pit somewhere down the road, etc.  Told me when he'd finish that it would only take 30 minutes as my node had to be switched over and then I would be up and running. 

Called TPG just after 5pm last night as still had no internet yet the router was configured correctly and my laptop and phones were both picking up the wireless but no internet.  After the usual rubbish of going through the router info they tested the connection and surprise, surprise, no connection!  Was told they would escalate it to the technician immediately who would get in touch.  Still no contact from anyone apart from a text this morning saying that if I had any queries to email an email address which I did.  Still no response. 

Mind you my friend who is just up the road, was connected to her NBN at 7:30am this morning by Aussie NBN with no problems at all. 

It looks like I'm paying for something that I don't even have access to and therefore I'm going to have to make numerous phone calls to get the bill adjusted or get the Ombudsman involved.  Not happy at all Smiley Sad  Should have just gone with another provider Smiley Sad

Riezl

We're sorry to know about this experience and we'd like to help get to the bottom of this, @minniemouse8.

The issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team and we'll have the case engineer contact you to discuss the status of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via private message. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @minniemouse8, we can see that the case engineer has been in touch and discussed the latest update.

As advised, an NBN Technician has been booked and we have received your confirmation via SMS regarding the appointment schedule.

In addition, your compensation request has been acknowledged and the case engineer will assess a billing adjustment as soon as the issue is resolved.

Should you need any assistance, please send us a message. Thank you.

Shane

Hi @carlamerrick,

I've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Technicians and the issue has been raised to our Engineering Team for further tests and investigation.

Rest assured feedback will be provided by one of our Engineers via SMS or Phone call where is possible.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

jimmysaputra
Level 2
NBNco guy came in on Friday 20 July at 11am and i took a day off from work, NBN TPG worked from Friday 11:30am only to Saturday 6:30pm...i got no internet on Saturday night all Sunday until Monday 23 July, i rang TPG on sunday the 22 July morning and been told that one engineer will contact me within 24 hrs, stayed at home all Sunday and no one from TPG call me back!!

rang TPG again at Sunday night and i threatens TPG to report this issue to ACCC and Ombusman and TPG told me tomorrow (today Monday 23 July) my internet will back to work, Monday 23 July when i was at work TPG rang at 11:27am and he told me the internet back to normal but im at work can’t use it, back home from work and only found the internet back off again on the same time at 6:30pm what the ****

Very disappointed customer here dear TPG and my regret choosing your Service for NBN.

JIM
Shane

Hi @jimmysaputra,

Welcome to the community!

I tried to pull up your account using your community details and luckily I got matched.

I've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Engineers and confirmed that your service is now working for 5h 21m.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,