no 4G

SOLVED Go to solution
ellieshu
Level 3

Hi,

My 4G did not work for a week but other functions are good. I have restarted mobile phone still no 4G. What should I do to rerun my 4G? Thank you!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ellieshu
Level 3

Thanks, @Shane . They have called me this afternoon. Very appreciated for your help and have a good weekend!

Regards,

Ellie

View solution in original post

ellieshu
Level 3

Hi @itzmist 

You might want to check the website: https://www.tpg.com.au/support/handset_settings.php

and reset your mobile data network according to the webpage. Remove those not listed (in my case, i removed proxy and prot settings).

My phone now is OK to have mobile data.

Regards,

Ellie

itzmist
Level 2

@ellieshu wrote:

Hi @itzmist 

You might want to check the website: https://www.tpg.com.au/support/handset_settings.php

and reset your mobile data network according to the webpage. Remove those not listed (in my case, i removed proxy and prot settings).

My phone now is OK to have mobile data.

Regards,

Ellie

I have done what you've said and it's all working now

Thank you Ellie

26 REPLIES 26
David_M

Hi @ellieshu 

You may need to go through your mobile phones settings to check if if 4G is enabled.

It may be in the ''connections > mobile networks'' settings menus.

You can select what type of mobile type your phone uses.

Regards,

David_M

ellieshu
Level 3

Thanks.

I have checked and mobile data is on with TPG. But Google website say my mobile is offline.

David_M

Hi @ellieshu 

Can you still make outgoing and incomming calls...???

Maybe try taking your sim card out of the phone, and re-inserting it.

Let us know if you can make and receive calls.

Thanks,

ellieshu
Level 3

Yes, I have no problem making and answering calls. Have no problem sending text message, too.

David_M

Hi @ellieshu 

Again, its not turning the data on/off, there are other settings you may need to find that chooses what network type u can connect to... eg 3g only, 3g/2g, 4g/3g/2g auto..... the setting may be under a NETWORK MODE heading.

''You may need to go through your mobile phones settings to check if if 4G is enabled.
It may be in the ''connections > mobile networks'' settings menus.
You can select what type of mobile type your phone uses.''

Thanks,

ellieshu
Level 3

Yes, I have chosed 2G/3G/4G and also turn on automatically select network function.

It will be grateful if you can help!

david64
Level 15

Hi ellieshu. 

What model phone do you have and what version of operating system?

Are you within your data limit?

Does your phone have a setting "Set mobile data limit"?  Is it set? If so, what is the limit value?

Can you switch the phone to wifi and access internet?

ellieshu
Level 3

Hi @david64,

My phone is ASUS_X01AD (Zenfone) and it was OK to use mobile data for months. The problem of mobile data not working started on 22nd July 2020.

My phone uses Android v.9

I have mobile data warning (2GB) and 107MB used. 

No problem to use wifi at home, at shopping centre, and places with free wifi.

I don't really know what's going wrong....  

david64
Level 15

Hi ellieshu.

Can you check "Flight mode" in Settings. It needs to be Off.

When you say mobile data is not working, is that when you use Chrome to access the internet?  If you try to access a web site, say www.tpg.com.au, do you get an error message?

What happens if you use an app on the phone like YouTube app, or Email app, or Maps app? These also access the internet.