TPG Community

Get online support

Forced to cancel/transfer email address

ozione69
Level 2

So when most of us signed up the agreement stated that TPG would provide us a free email service and now they are canceling that service with the only options being to give up the email address or transfer it to another company.
Sure they will pay the fee for a short period, but we are expected to pay once the period is over.

What about the service agreement? Do we now get reduced fee's since you are removing a service we were paying for?

Those of you that feel the same should respond here and consider logging a complaing with the consumer bureau.
TPG I have screencaptured this post with the time I posted it incase you decide to delete it.

6 REPLIES 6
cchrist0
Level 2

Totally agree. It is unethical.

gmbrown2
Level 2
Yes, I totally agree with ozione69.
The proposed change by TPG amounts to a breach of contract with all of their customers who have signed up for an internet service which includes the provision of email accounts.
I would encourage all affected others to do as I have done in making a formal complaint to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.
If customers merely go along with the changes TPG have proposed without lodging any formal protestation, then they will have been 'walked over' and TPG will have achieved its 'steamroller' approach in attemptibg to absolve itself from any expected responsibility to its customers.
Certainly, TPG's customers cannot be blamed if their ultimate response to this proposed change is to walk away from this irresponsible service 'provider' which has shown a total disinterest in the value of its customers expectations.
JoinUs2023
Level 2

This is not right. Most of us have the established email address under the TPG.com.au and countless email communications over the years under the TPG.  In one decision in order to make more money is simply over- run our rights. This must be reported to the government to address this unfair move by tpg. 

The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman with the complaint form is available on their website www.tio.com.au 

JoinUs2023
Level 2

Just completed the complaint form and printed and will post it to the Telecommunications Ombudsman by today 10 Aug 2023 and wait for the ombudsman's reply sooner hopefully.

holden50
Level 2

They need to reduce their Plan price for everyone if they're not going to provide the services we originally signed up for - otherwise I'll be taking my money elsewhere after being a customer for 18 years.

Chris1945
Level 3

Agree. I have been with TPG since 2004 and as a result my TPG email contacts list is very extensive.

I have already spent two full days notifying service providers and have yet to start on the process of informing contacts and ensuring my details are updated. REALLY NOT HAPPY!

TPG are doing this to reduce cost.

What about the cost / time that us users are forced to expend?

Where is our compensation?