TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Drop outs constantly

SOLVED Go to solution
stepthe6
Level 2
Hi,
NBN internet has been dropped out constantly since last month.
I have checked service status, there is no outage and maintenance.
It dropouts every 2-3 minutes and when it's out, online light is flashing, other lights are on of the Arris CMB200, Internet light is off of the router modem TP-LINK ARCHER VR1600V VER1.1.
Would you please check it up and give me advice for solving problems?
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @stepthe6,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details. As per checking, NBN Co. is currently performing a network improvement to optimise the performance of the NBN HFC services in your area and this is expected to be completed on 05/02/2020 18:00 AEDT.

We have checked the status of your connection and it shows stable now, but we'd like to set your expectation that it may be interrupted while this network improvement is still in progress,

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Riezl

Hi @stepthe6,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details. As per checking, NBN Co. is currently performing a network improvement to optimise the performance of the NBN HFC services in your area and this is expected to be completed on 05/02/2020 18:00 AEDT.

We have checked the status of your connection and it shows stable now, but we'd like to set your expectation that it may be interrupted while this network improvement is still in progress,

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

stepthe6
Level 2
Hi,
I waited the 5th of February you mentioned NBN Co. would be completed improvement of performance.
Unfortunately it's still the line is drippinngout constantly.
Would you please check my line up?
It is really pain in neck.
Regards.
stepthe6
Level 2
Also, when the line is on, the speed is really slow, it is used to be 46down loading and 18 uploading. But now 5.4 downloading and 0.4 uploading
Please see the link below.

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/ad247e40-4976-11ea-9fee-ff9dbf0abf02
It is terribly bad.
BasilDV

Hi @stepthe6

Thanks for the update.

We can confirm that the dropouts are still occurring.

We'll escalate the case to our Engineering team for further investigation.

They'll be in touch with you via SMS or phone call using the phone numbers that we have on file. If you recently updated your contacted number, please let us know via PM.

Cheers!

BasilDV

adsl2nbn50
Level 2
Im experiencing frequent drop out as well. new installation since last TUE. Switched from tpg adsl to tpg nbn50.
almost no drop out previously on adsl(about 10mbps speed on previous adsl).

current nbn connected cia black box.(HFC?)

can someone investigate? working from home became very hard with unstable internet. thanks
adsl2nbn50
Level 2
The speed is OK in the morning. It can reach 40mbps dowload 18mbps upload.. But randomly every a few hours. it dropped out. blackbox reboot. All green lights gone and came back. When it dropped out, the online green light kept flashing slowly.
adsl2nbn50
Level 2

My NBN50 is back to normal now. Turned out NBN Co was trouble shooting the network in my area due to network outage somewhere.  My monitoring tool indicated not a signle drop out  for 12 hours. 

It's good to check the outage before posting questions via the link below:

https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status

LT
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

My NBN started having random drop out since Dec 2020. Contacted support back then and also in January 2021. NBN tech come over but still can't find anything. 

I've kept a record on the days NBN drops out since end of January 2021. NBN did not last a week without any drop out. Most of the time the modem auto reconnect but there are occasion where it doesn't and I have to power down the modem. During those time I cannot even login to the modem to do a soft reboot.

A few days ago, NBN reconnects and in another mintues it just disconnects again. It did this a few times before I decided to reboot the modem. During this time I decided to lodge a fault as I was really fustrated. A tech is suppose to come but I guess they tested the line and deemed that everything is working and thus cancelled the appoinment. Of course it's working fine when it's connected, that is until it drops out again. There obviously is a problem as I did not experience this in the first 6 or more months after converting to NBN.

This last 5 days (including today), there were only 2 days without a drop out.

Please help. After 2 months of drop out, I'm running out of patience.

Thank you