TPG Community

Get online support

Server error 550 5.7.1

Coxie
Level 3

TPG server won't allow me to use authentication and encryption - trying to solve server error 550 5.7.1. Using Outlook 2019 desktop server.

4 REPLIES 4
Mc_Gerald

Hi Coxie, kindly check if you have the correct mail server settings.You may check this link for email settings: https://www.tpg.com.au/support/emailsetting

We also recommend that you try to change the password. If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can locate your account. Please include the email address you're having issue with.

Thanks!

Coxie
Level 3

Thanks for getting back to me.  Do have the correct mail settings.  This problem has randomly occcured over a number of months.  It occurs on all 3 of of my computers.  I am using Outlook 2019 desktop email client on 2 machines and   2016 on one machine.  I have change the password on numerous occasison.  I found the only way to correct the problem is to reset the modem.  It then works fine for a period.  Most recently one of your TPG moderators suggested try setting Authentication and Encryption in my mail settings.  When I try to set these parameters and press save it fails to connect to the TPG server and I get an error message saying the changes were not made.  If I dont set these paramters all is fine.  My last post was regarding not being able to set these parameters.

Regards.

BasilDV

Hi @Coxie

We've edited your post as it contains your account details.

Please avoid posting any information on a public thread as it may compromise your account.

Are you still getting the same error after rebooting the modem/router?

Are you able to send emails via Webmail?

BasilDV

Coxie
Level 3

Thank you.  It is fine at the moment after the last reset of the modem.  But it keeps coming back after a period.  Reset seems to be the only way to correct it.  I have recently purchased a new TPG modem and there is still a problem, same as the the old modem.  The 550 error message varies, here are a couple of examples -

Server error: '550 5.7.1 <bilyarra.consulting@bigpond.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.'

Server error: '550 5.7.1 <support@flightreader.com>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [118.208.136.37]'
Server error: '550 5.7.1 <adslu3d8@gmail.com>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [118.208.136.146]'