TPG Community

Get online support

The messaging company

bfittler
Level 3

So unhappy with TPG this morning, I have 4 email addresses - A primary and 3 slave addresses.

As of today all 3 slave addresses are not working on my email client, only the primary is working.

On the 3 slave addresses I can login on the tpgpost office webpage and get redirected to the following web address https://postoffice.tpg.com.au/app/mail/inbox and can view my emails.

On the primary email address (working ok on thunderbird) and login to webmail  I go to the following address https://vpostoffice.tpg.com.au/index.php/mail.

I went to great lengths to ensure that this transition to the TMC would not be interrupted  but it appears that something is terribly wrong, shame on you tpg!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Will12
Level 3

Same here, but none are working. Primary is down, as are the slaves.

Cannot get through on help line for TMC - they pushed me to "leave my number for a callback" after being on hold for ages.

I cannot see TPG helping with this unfortunately.

david64
Level 15

Hi @bfittler . When you say your slave addresses are not working on client, do you mean that they connect to mail server but the Inbox for each is empty?

Your primary email goes to a different URL. Can you see your emails here?

Using your primary address via Thunderbird and your slave addresses via Post Office, you can check the control records in a mail item to see what mail server each mail item ends up on.

The first record should be the final mail server, eg:

Received: from deliver ([unix socket]) by rpt-cro-sph01.tpgi.com.au (Cyrus v2.4.13) with LMTPA; Fri, 23 Feb 2024 17:45:38 +1100

There are multiple of these Received from/by records that trace the path from the sender.

With Post Office, a user can't tell which mail server the web server connects to.

bfittler
Level 3

Got through to TMC - say not their problem - contact TPG !!!

bfittler
Level 3

All I know is that my 3 slave accounts were fine up to this morning on thunderbird.

The primary is still fine on thunderbird receiving but the 3 slaves are not. receiving or sending

What has changed in last 24 hours???

In addition I also find that my primary can receive but cannot send.

alanguide
Level 7

@bfittler wrote:

Got through to TMC - say not their problem - contact TPG !!!

That is the standard response if mirgration has not actually happened for your account (migration is different to opting to migrate).

Fink_Ployd
Level 3

email via Thunderbird still keeps getting wrong passwords authication message. Tried all kinds of fixes in the accunt setttings, but no luck. Have been on the phone for 15 minutes. I'll just wait untill their techs do a fix.

BasilDV

Hi Guys,

There was an unplanned outage based on TMC support update.

Check it here: https://support.themessaging.co/hc/en-au/articles/9101772695695-Username-and-Password-prompts-Errors...

Changes have been applied and service should be back to normal.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV