TPG Community

Get online support

outgoing emails not being received by bigpond

RobP55
Level 2

Dear, dear TPG Support Team. I have also just discovered that, depending on the day, or the weather, or some other unknown cause, all my emails to Bigpond either get sent to the receiver's spam or are not received at all. My email yesterday included four bigpond addresses - none of which ended up in an inbox. I've read all past posts and I think it seriously is about time the support team pulls its finger out and does some problem solving. This issue is big. Very big. It can be costly fror some if an email doesn't arrive as intended. There are enough people affected now I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising solicitor contemplated a class action. It is about time TPG people TALKED to Bigpond Tech people and work out what the heck is going on and how to stop it from continuing to go on. Stop burying your heads in the sand and do something. It can't be that hard. The issue is so targetted at Bigpond that a solution must surely be attainable after a discussion with Bigpond. Please make it happen as I now find that my TPG outgoing emails are unreliable.

Rob P

Ahra_G

Hi @RobP55

We'd be glad to look into your email concern as well. Please PM us with your TPG username or email address so we can assist further. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

RobP55
Level 2

How many times does the support community moderators have to go through this farce of pretending to look into an issue? All you have to do is read the thread, and other Bigpond related threads, to realise this issue is not about one person's TPG email account. It is an issue relating to Bigpond not accepting TPG emails. Again, I strongly suggest the TPG techs talk to the Bigpond Techs to find out why the Bigpond email system is blacklisting TPG customer emails. Why do some TPG emails go to Bigpond spam, while others don't get delivered at all? This is not about me. It is about the whole TPG customer base. Please talk to Bigpond and get this long running and ridiculous problem solved.

BasilDV

Hi @RobP55

We need to pinpoint if the issue is within our mail server or if it's with Bigpond.

Not all customers are affected by this issue, which is why we need to investigate this with the help of our Post Masters.

If you are ready, we'll be waiting for your account details to be sent via PM.

BasilDV

RobP55
Level 2

Sorry no. That's not how it's going to work. This has been the response to many many other customers and then nothing gets resolved. Talk to Bigpond to find out why they are doing this to TPG or else this will have to be escalated due to the number of customers affected. Bigpond will know why TPG emails go to spam.

RMS1
Level 3

I, too, found out yesterday (Monday 24 October) that two emails I've sent in the last week from my TPG address to a BigPond address were not received, and did not go into their spam or junk folders, and there was no fault message feedback.  This is a recent problem, as all emails to the BigPond address have previously been received.

I've resorted to using an alternative, non-TPG address, which I reserve for emergencies, to email my contact.

Clearly someone at TPG needs to talk to someone at BigPond to fix this issue.  If no one has yet done this, why?

RMS1

BasilDV

Hi @RMS1

If the Emails were sent from the TPG mail server and the sender did not receive any bounce back error, then it means it is successful in our end.

Kindly advise the recipient to contact their mail admin for further checking.

BasilDV

RMS1
Level 3

So what you are saying is, it's not TPG's fault nor problem, and I have to tell someone with a BigPond email address to find out from someone at BigPond what the problem is and how to fix it.  This is despite the fact that it is happening to many people with a TPG account, not just me (nor anyone else on this thread), and seems to be a consistent, general issue, not an individual one.

Is it not possible for the techs at TPG to contact the techs at BigPond to find out what the problem is?  Yes or no?