Constant dropouts on FTTB

SOLVED Go to solution
Varkster
Level 2
I was getting constant dropouts and I contacted support, got a new modem it worked for a week fine now I'm getting constant dropouts every few minutes like I was before. This is not great. Has anyone experienced this before?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stevecharles
Level 3

Make sure your computer is not trying to connect via wireless and ethernet cable. I had a similar problem which was solved by just unplugging the ethernet cable.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
sb
Level 2
Level 2

Same. TPG FTTB. Connection drops regularly.

I end up with secure connection errors like the below...Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 10.06.33 pm.png

BasilDV

Hi @Varkster,

I checked the account and was able detect the multiple drop outs.

I have raised this issue to our Tech team and will have someone to call you within the day to help us resolve the issue.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @sb,

I checked your account and was able to see that your service has been stable. Are you using wifi connection? If you do, please check this link: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Ho....

It will help you improve your wifi connection as it is prone to signal interference.

Keep us posted if it worked.

Cheers!

sb
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV

Yes we're using wifi. When the Internet connection drops out we still maintain connectivity to the router (I can bring up the admin interface), so it's unlikely that wifi is the culprit.

Is there a way I can see the service status on my account?

BasilDV

I see.

I checked your usages and was able to confirm multiple drop outs of the service. We might need to look into it further to understand the cause of the issue. I'll raise this to our Tech team and will have someone to call you within the day using the number that we have on the account. If you have any preferred time and another number to be contacted, please send us a message.

What do you mean about the service status? Do you mean if you are able to see if the service is online or not? If so, no, there's no way to see that info on "My Account".

Cheers!

Salemvii
Level 2
Same problem here! Been getting regular drop outs for the last week or so, noticed a significant decrease in speed. Internet was functioning much better beforehand wonder what the deal is?
BasilDV

Hi @Salemvii,

I checked your account and internet drop out is evident. Have you tried turning off and on the modem?

I'll raise this to our Tech team and have someone to call you within the day using the number on your account. If you have any preferred time and number to be contacted, please shoot us a message.

Cheers!

Salemvii
Level 2
@BasilDV
Have tried turning the modem off and on and even resetting the modem and reinputting all TPG recommended settings aswell as changing the DNS as I thought maybe that was an issue but all to no avail. Hopefully a rep will be able to shed some answers, cheers for the speedy reply anyway!
BasilDV

I see. Thanks for the info as this can help our Tech team to identify the issue. I've forwarded this to them and give them some time to review the account before calling you.

Cheers!