FTTB Port Issue TPG & Telstra

SOLVED Go to solution
dannykim1
Level 2

Hi,

I was unable to relocate/connect to TPG FTTB as there was a port allocation issue. I was advised through the phone by TPG that I should talk to my building manager to get more ports installed to speed up the wait. However, my building manager has come back to me saying that enough ports were installed 2 years ago for all units in my building. Also, it seems this problem has occured before and was suggested to connect to Telstra THEN connect with TPG. So my question is, is there a way to avoid going through this extra step and connecting directly to TPG? Or must I connect to Telstra first and try with TPG again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @dannykim1,

We received an update from our FTTB team and was given a rough ETA on 16/03/18 in adding more capacity in the building. Your case manager will be in touch once done.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Shane

Hi @dannykim1,

We have confirmed that there is no available TPG FTTB Port available in your building. We are currently making upgrades around your area. We will contact your building administration about this.

Regards,

dannykim1
Level 2

Any update after contacting the building admin?

dannykim1
Level 2

???

dannykim1
Level 2

Please give me an update about contacting the building administrator. Thanks.

Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @dannykim1,

We will attempt to get an update on your behalf. I will escalate this to our FTTB team.

Ill update you in the Community tomorrow once I have an update.

Thanks for the enquiry.

dannykim1
Level 2

Sorry for constantly asking, but been a couple days now. Any updates?

Mc_Gerald

Hi @dannykim1,

I'll send an update request email to the case manager handling your matte, I'll get back to you as soon as I get an update tomorrow.

Thanks!
-Mc

Mc_Gerald

Hi @dannykim1,

Hope you're doing well. I understand that your case manager has been in touch today and discussed the concerns raised. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need any assistance.

Kind regards,

Mc

dannykim1
Level 2

Hi,

Thank you, I received a call today. However, it seems nobody has contacted the building administrator as I was expecting according to ShaneA above. As discussed on the phone today with the case manager, the building administrator has told me that enough ports were installed for all units in the building. On the other hand, I was told there aren't any ports left by TPG. I am sort of stuck in-between here and would love you guys to contact my building administrator if possible to clear things up so I can connect or request an infrastructure upgrade. The building admin's email is southland@phoenix.bz and phone is 0412 360 346.