TPG Community

Get online support

High latency Fttb compared to old fttn

Tn_1888
Level 2
Hello, is there a way to reduce or be comparable to Telstra fttn’s latency of 5-6ms latency compared to current TPG fttb’s 15-17ms?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi @Tn_1888,

That number of ping should not affect your internet speed or download however, if the number of ping gets to an alarming rate (reaches up to a hundred or more), then that can affect your internet experience even if the download speed remains the same. It could be you're connecting to a server that's geographically too far away to facilitate low latency, or possibly, has something to do with a game’s netcode.

Alternatively, it could be local considerations, such as how much bandwidth is being used, or potential interference on a wi-fi network. 

Let us know should you require further assistance.

-Ahra_G

Tn_1888
Level 2

Hi yes I was hoping to reduce the ping for gaming, online it fluctuates a little bit and causes it to become uncompetitive. Is there no way to reduce this?

Ahra_G

Hi @Tn_1888, are you getting a fairly high ping rate? Is it  just the game that's affected? What about other internet activities? (i.e. browsing, streaming)

Tn_1888
Level 2

Yes other streams like Netflix, Amazon & the worst would be when i'm day trading, this is cruicial to have the fastest latency possible as prices fluctuate quickly. Is there anything that can be done to reduce the latency?

adib_rahmang
Community Manager

Hey @Tn_1888,

We can get our techs to look into what's going on. Send me a private message when you get a second.

How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

kate_

Thanks for sending a message, @Tn_1888. Let's see how we can help with your latency.

To get started, we'll grab the details below.

First name: 
Last name: 
Phone number: 
Username/email address: 
Are you the account holder?: Yes/No
Date of birth: