TPG Community

Get online support

Complaint - waiting for a refund for 9 months

Iqbal12
Level 3

Hi there,
I have been a customer for last 10 years and the way my issue has been treated by customer service staff is quite unacceptable.
My refund issue from my previous NBN account when I overpaid to TPG during the time I was switched to 5G.
I was told that I will get $139.99 asap but it has been 9 months since I have been asking and made almost 10 - 12 calls and everytime I called I spent almost 40 mins over the phone.
Its quite disappointing that I really have to chase for my money for so long will not be recommending tpg to anyone and possibly be changing my internet provider soon.
My account no for NBN is 524XXXX

14 REPLIES 14
Ahra_G

Hi @Iqbal12

We surely would like to know what happened in this instance. A Complaints Resolution Case Manager is already assigned as a sole point of contact and is currently assessing your case. 

The officer will get in touch via phone call or email as soon as more information becomes available. 

Note: We have edited the customer ID for your privacy and security of the account.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Iqbal12
Level 3
Hopefully someone will resolve this issue. I also sent an email 2 days ago but still yet to receive a response.
BasilDV

Hi @Iqbal12

Once the assessment of your case is done, the case manager will get in touch with you right away.

BasilDV

Iqbal12
Level 3
Hi there I got a reply next after your response here but I have not received my money is that really hard for TPG to release a fund from account that literally took 10 months? And it still hasn't been refunded yet.
Iqbal12
Level 3
I was told that I will get my money back in 5 to 10 working days which means the case was resolved and clear therefore I received an email for refund then its again what is happening for last 10 months that I will get money and then no refund get processed.
Today's is the 15th day since I got an email and no refund has come through sofar.
Absolutely disgusted with tgp.
Ahra_G

Hi @Iqbal12

We'll go ahead and have this confirmed by our Accounts team and we can see that there is a refund request raised. 

We'll get in touch as soon as we have more information regarding the refund. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Iqbal12
Level 3
I am sorry to say that this stupid refund request has been raised approximately 7 times in 10 months period and not even once it has actually processed successfully.
What a shame for users. A customer who has been using a company for last 10 years is so compelled that I can't even get to right people to get this issue sorted and I get my money back.
Wow wow wow 10 months wasn't enough for your company to resolve ? After promising response from community page then you got another 15 days to get this issue sorted and expedite the refund process but yet again failed to do so.
Absolutely frustrating and it feels like I am wasting my time and instead of asking for my money I should lodge a complain in fair trade. I should have done it long time ago but as a long term customer I ignored it but I don't think should have.
Angeli

Hi @Iqbal12

We've processed the refund for $139.98 and it should reflect on your credit card account within 3-5 business days. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Iqbal12
Level 3
Thank you and I hope that it will come through this time.