TPG Community

Get online support

How To Update Payment Details – New TPG My Account

NewPortalFail
Level 2
Can someone please help? My mobile service has stopped working due to failed payments.

I’ve received messages of failed payments for my mobile. But the payments for my internet have gone through successfully!? How does this happen? They’re on the same account with the same payment details? I also haven’t updated payment details recently.

I’ve logged into the ‘new portal’ and saw that the payment details were incorrect but the button to update them isn’t available. So I’ve updated my payment details in the old user account portal. Then I tried the ‘Make a Payment’ option in the new portal and was still unsuccessful.

I’ve tried calling TPG support but haven’t been able to get through due to long wait times. Now my mobile is inactivated.

Regards,
NewPortalFail
jihyunlee
Level 2

I'm also extremely frustrated...

I tried to change my card details - not allowed.

I have +ve prepaid balance but still saying i have outstanding invoices.

Called TPG contact centre... used their return call service... they call and get automatically get hung up.

Can someone please help me as well?

jihyunlee
Level 2

heyy hope this helps..

After wasting my time 2hr+ today... I managed to resolve this issue by calling them.

Do not choose an option which let them call you back. I wasted one hour on it cuz they call youback and hung up on you.

You just have to wait... wasting your valuable time. They will let you enter your credit card details...

WASTED AT LEAST 3 days on this matter. 

NewPortalFail
Level 2

I called support again and managed to get through and partially solve my issue.

The issue with not having the 'Edit Payment Details' button was fixed by logging into My Account using my mobile number. I was using my username and thus this somehow didn't provide the right access.

Anywho, I provided the customer support agent with a valid debit card to enter for me and a short while later the mobile was reactivated and working. BUT I a few hours later I received another text message advising that payment had failed again?

The mobile service is running, but the payment is 'pending' in my card account so we will have to wait and see for confirmation.

wtfmymobile
Level 2
As you can see from the earlier posts it took about a week to get my mobile service reinstated (the good news is your mobile number probably likely not lost forever).

Email doesn't work either - best to keep spamming this forum or the Facebook page. In the meantime heaven help you if you need your mobile for anything.
BadService1
Level 2

Thanks for this! Entering my phone number instead of customer ID helped for my mobile phone account. I still have the same issue with my internet account though (which annoyingly has a seperate customer ID for it).

BasilDV

Hi @NewPortalFail and @jihyunlee

Are you still experiencing issues when updating your payment details online?

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check on this further.

BasilDV

DougZ
Level 2

The novus payment portal is broken. I cannot add a credit card to my account as the portal keeps timing out. After 7 hours of trying off and on, I keep getting the same error message: novus.iinet.net.au took too long to respond. All I want to do is pay my bill folks.

Ahra_G

Hi @DougZ, please check your inbox. Thanks! 

DougZ
Level 2
I started with my PC and used 3 browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox.

Moved to a laptop using Chrome, Firefox and connected it with a VPN via Australia.

Then I swapped to an iPad using chrome. All methods failed.

At least the Novus portal is consistent. I get the same error message or not. 
Regardless, I never get to the point where I have a window where I can add credit card details. 
I was able to change from the (cancelled) credit card to direct debit of my CBA account.
I much prefer to pay via my Mastercard.

I have had Frederick Angeles handle my case since 4 August.
Until yesterday, I did not have my mobile account Customer ID: 1189****** for 04****** linked to my legacy ADSL Internet account (358****).

By the way, I cannot log in to the mobile account using either the mobile number or the 11*******... the only way I can log in is using 358*****

I wonder if being able to log in directly is possible? Can you see to this please?
As we no longer have internet at our house in Black Rock, we really don't need the 2 accounts linked.