TPG Community

Get online support

Recovery of email (deleted without warning by TPG) after account closed?

Angeli

Hi @estherjames

Your case officer has emailed you yesterday and we strongly recommend to reply to her directly so as to further discuss your email account. 

Regards, 

Angeli

estherjames
Level 3

I think some public disclosure is worthwhile - other customers are likely to be affected by the (various/inconsistent) messaging on this matter. 

estherjames
Level 3

I see TPG  is being as responsive as ever 

Smiley Frustrated

Angeli

Hi @estherjames

We'll chase this up with your assigned case officer. Please expect a call or email from her today.

Regards, 

Angeli

estherjames
Level 3

The community should know how TPG talks to its customers

This email extract is from WILBERT BERNANDO of TPG on Friday 7 July 2023 at 5:29 pm.: 

" With all due respect, was it not you who wanted the service cancelled ASAP?  At any point during your complaint to cancel the service did you bring to our attention that you wanted to keep your TPG email?  Regardless if TPG still offers email services or not, mails from the folders of your TPG email will still be deleted the moment the account is cancelled ... "

To reply (with far more courtesy than I have been shown): 

1. Yes,  I complained about TPG failure to book cancellation of my old service after multiple phone requests were not actioned.  I see other customers having similar issues here . 

2. Yes,  I did ask to access my emails - twice in writing, twice verbally during the account closure process.   It took until 6 June to get the prepaid service refund processed (one of my emails re: refund also reminded TPG of my request to recover emails).

3. My request to access my emails was made before TPG implemented its 'new' policy on 7 June of deleting emails

4. TPG admitted in writing that it can, and does, help former customers access emails.  This seems to happen on the community help page here as well. 

It seems  unbelievable that TPG (a large IT organisation) cannot go into it's backups and recover a 'shadow' /backup copy of a customer's emails,

BasilDV

Hi @estherjames 

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and see what we can arrange for you.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

estherjames
Level 3

The thread shows the key issues - can you help? 

BasilDV

We'd like to check the status of the account and review the case for us to know if we can help or not.

We'll be waiting for your account details.

estherjames
Level 3

So the private message process seems to be a way of avoiding telling the community that TPG refuse to help :/

I have (as the thread notes) taken this to the Telecommunications Ombudsman (TIO).  The super hostile email above was in reply.   

It seems that if a customer complains, TPG get hostile. They help publicly, but privately?  Hmm, not so much. 

rlopez167
Level 3

I just moved to another provider and informed TPG on the day I got activated that I was moving.  I spent some time on the phone talking to  2 customer service who were trying to persuade me to stay with TPG.  However I didn't even have time to download, print my emails or forward to another account and they closed my account straight away.  This is very rude as I have been with TPG for many years but was only moving due their decision to no longer provide emails.