TPG Community

Get online support

VX420-G2h firmware upgrade? Works with Google Nest Battery?

SOLVED Go to solution
InternetUser2
Level 3

My first question might be more straightforward. I'm wondering if the router TPG provided me (AX5400 Hybrid WiFi 6 Modem Router with VoIP) has the latest firmware. Details are as follows

Firmware version: 2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 210420 Rel.44185n
Hardware version: VX420-G2h v1 00000000

My 2nd question is whether anyone has insight as to whether the google nest doorbell battery (MODEL: GA01318-AU) is compatible with this modem router? My home internet is a 4G connection that works like a mobile data connection, not NBN

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @InternetUser2 ,

The modem has the latest firmware version. We do not support 3rd party devices however we have some existing thread that you may find helpful please see the link below.

How to connect new 5G Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem to Google Nest wifi?

Let us know should you require more assistance.

View solution in original post

InternetUser2
Level 3

I think the doorbell was within range of the 5.0 WiFi signal, as it was less than 1m from the modem router

I ended up refunding the doorbell cause I couldn't get it to work after trying to solve the issue for 21 hours. I wanna say a big thank you for having taken the time to help me the best you could. I seriously appreciate it!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Shane

Hi @InternetUser2 ,

The modem has the latest firmware version. We do not support 3rd party devices however we have some existing thread that you may find helpful please see the link below.

How to connect new 5G Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem to Google Nest wifi?

Let us know should you require more assistance.

InternetUser2
Level 3

Thanks for the reply Shane!

Do you have any idea if my modem router has wireless isolation settings?

Shane

Hi @InternetUser2 ,

You're welcome! Did you mean separating the 2.4 GHz from the 5 GHz? If yes, simply disable the 'band steering' option on the wireless settings of the modem.

Regards,

InternetUser2
Level 3

I don't think so.  Apparently, the wireless isolation setting "prevent devices on your network from connecting to other devices in your home". "Prevents users on a Wi-Fi network from reaching other devices in the same Wi-Fi network (SSID) as well as computers and servers in the wired network"

I think wireless isolation setting is also called "client isolation," "AP isolation" and "SSID isolation"

BasilDV

Hi @InternetUser2 

You may check on the Modem interface, under the Advance tab > Wireless > Advanced Settings - AP Isolation.

It is disabled by default.

BasilDV

InternetUser2
Level 3

Thanks a lot for that! 😃

BasilDV

You're welcome, @InternetUser2.

InternetUser2
Level 3

Sorry, just got another question. I'm trying to do the following

"During setup, port 11095 is used to connect some Nest products to the app. If you're having trouble connecting your Nest product, you may need to temporarily unblock port 11095 in your Wi-Fi router's settings to finish setup"

To unblock port 11095, is this what I do in NAT Forwarding > Port Triggering?

Screenshot 2023-07-27 09.23.56.png
I had a few options for "Interface name" and wasn't sure which one to select
2023_07_27_0fp_Kleki.png
In case it's relevant, this is what I have in Advanced > Network > EWAN

Screenshot 2023-07-27 09.26.55.png 

david64
Level 15

Hi @InternetUser2 . This might be relevant.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nest/comments/8fvbt1/psa_nest_protect_outbound_firewall_ports/

If your phone is connected to the home wifi, and AP isolation is disabled, the app should find the doorbell.

Port forwarding is one of the things that don't work on the 4G and 5G wireless broadband connections due to CG-NAT.