TPG Community

Get online support

Constant dropouts HFC - ppp3 Error & EWAN link

STRANIYA
Level 2

@jgoldin wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the update.

We also had a further visit from an NBN technician yesterday (21/9). He  rufuschanged the connectors at the NBN box on our property and on the   filezilla pole outside our property (F-connectors). Our connection also  uc browserseems to have been more stable since he did this (just had one drop out yesterday), so holding thumbs that the issue has been sorted.

Regards,

Jonty

It take 5-10mins for the Arris modem to recognise the dropout and reboot but sometimes not at all which requires a manual reboot of Arris to restore connection. Rebooting the Archer router does not work. 

Riezl

Hi @STRANIYA, if there's anything that we can be of assistance, please PM us your TPG account details with a brief description of your concern. Thank you.

Sulo
Level 2
Hello, im also experiencing this problem 'EWAN link down ppp3 error'

2 nbn technitions came over but failed to fix anything.

Please need some assistance.
BasilDV

Hi @Sulo,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line.

We weren't able to detect any fault within the NBN network, but can confirm the dropouts.

We will raise this with our Engineering team for further investigation.

They'll be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours via SMS or phone call once an update becomes available.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

Regards,

BasilDV

gveale20
Level 2

My new NBN connection has had similar issues to those descibed in this post. So far I have learned this..

1. NBN tech advised if you are not getting constant 4 lights on the NBN box it needs to be resolved by NBN and likely to be a bad connector.

2. Loss of internet while 4 good lights on the NBN box could indicate issue with router or ISP, but may also be bad connector.

3. Condition of the connectors is critical.

fsudaman
Level 3
I also experience the same drop out issue with ppp3 error every hour or two shown constantly on my router system log. Despite calling Tpg help desk a few times I was told that at the time they did the testing remotely the line was up and my support ticket is closed as non issue. I just experience another 3-4 drop out this evening and each time it happens it will take several mins to successfully reconnect again. I believe my box or connector must be faulty too similarly to others who reported here. Can TPG engineer please help? I can share the router logs and etc if required.
Shane

Hi @fsudaman,

Thanks for raising this to us. We're able to locate the account and ran an initial test to the service it shows minimal dropouts on the line. We will chase this to our Engineering Team and request a re-investigation for the previous escalated fault.

You will receive an update via SMS or Phone call by one of our Engineers when it becomes available.

Cheers!

fsudaman
Level 3
An engineer came in to check and removed an unnecessary part that was installed originally and also replaced the tap connector. Since, I haven’t experienced drop out and speed is much better. Thanks TPG for responding and acting on this so promptly to resolve my issue.
Shane

We're glad to know that the issue has been fixed, @fsudaman in case you'll encounter technical issue in the future do not hesitate to create a new thread here in our community!

akafka
Level 3
I'm having the exact same issue since a couple of months. I've raised this issue multiple time with TPG support. So far, they were not able to help.
Reading this threat it does seem like a hardware issue.
TPG: please send a senior technician to fix the issue.
Logs attached.